There are enough inputs and outputs on the MA9000 to last a lifetime. Ten analogue connections comprised of 2 balanced and 6 unbalanced inputs, plus 1 Moving Coil (MC) and 1 Moving Magnet (MM) for turntable connectivity. Both phono inputs feature adjustable loading for fine tuning of vinyl playback. All unbalanced analog connectors are made from premium gold-plated solid brass for superior signal handling and grounding.
On the digital side, 2 coax, 2 optical, 1 USB and 1 MCT input (for use with the MCT500 SACD/CD Transport) are all housed in the new DA1 Digital Audio Module, which uses a powerful 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode.
The coax and optical inputs will decode music up to 24-bit/192kHz for high resolution audio playback; the USB input accepts even higher PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz. All inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration. All inputs also function independently of each other and each is always available for use regardless of how your sources are connected.
The DA1 can be easily replaced by future modules to keep your MA9000 up to date as new digital audio formats and technologies are developed. (NOW AVAILABLE: Optional dealer-installed upgrade to the DA2 Digital Audio Module.)
MA9000 features McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ that are made from high quality materials with excellent thermal conductivity properties. They are so efficient at dissipating heat that they warrant bearing the McIntosh "Mc" logo, and also have a higher-quality finish thanks to a new manufacturing process. The heatsinks are connected to advanced high-current output transistors that eliminate thermal equilibrium lag time (or warm-up time), meaning the first note played will sound just as good as those played later in your listening session.
New, more powerful control microprocessors have been used in the MA9000 to improve overall system operation. Some of the latest audio-grade circuit components have also been employed to allow MA9000 to deliver the best sound possible.
At 300 Watts per channel, MA9000 has enough power to properly drive virtually all loudspeakers – and the renowned McIntosh Autoformer™ guarantees your speakers will always receive the full 300 Watts regardless if they have 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance.
Additional McIntosh features included in MA9000 are:
Power Guard – monitors and adjusts the sound wave at the speed of light to prevent harsh sounding distortion and clipping that could damage your speakers.
Sentry Monitor – fuseless short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
Home Theatre PassThru – allows for seamless integration into a home theatre system.
High Drive Headphone Amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) – which can bring an added dimension to headphone listening.
A discrete, eight-band Tone Control that allows for advanced manual analog adjustment of your favourite recordings.
Power Control – to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown.
Solid Cinch™ Speaker Binding Posts – easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short. All binding posts are also gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables to your speakers.
The MA9000 is one of many McIntosh products to receive Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs. It has been profiled and tested by both Roon and McIntosh for maximum compatibility. Roon will recognize it and send it audio optimized for its capabilities. No fiddling with checkboxes or dropdowns, Roon Tested devices are automatically identified and configured out of the box for a superior customer experience.
The entire unit is wrapped in the classic McIntosh aesthetic with blue watt meters, a black glass front panel, control knobs, illuminated logo, aluminium end caps with built-in handles and a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis.
- Two-channel integrated amplifier.
- 300 Watts x 2 channel.
- 8-band tone control.
- Comes with DA1 Digital Audio Module installed.
- Optional dealer installed upgrade to DA2 Digital Audio Module available.
- Power Output per Channel: 300 Watts
- Number of Channels: 2
- Speaker Impedance: 2, 4, or 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.8 dB
- Frequency Response +0,-0.5 dB: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response, +0, -3 dB: 10 Hz to 100 kHz
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil): 0.30 mV
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet): 3.0 mV
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced): 0.6 V / 0.3 V
- Sensitivity (Power Amp input): 1.7 V
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Coil): 82 dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet): 84 dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level): 98 dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Power Amp input): 114 dB
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced): 10 K / 22 K
- Damping Factor: >40
- Maximum Output (Balanced / Unbalanced): 8 V Unbalanced, 16 V Balanced
- Balanced Input: 2
- Unbalanced Input: 6
- Phono Input Moving Coil: 1 (adjustable loading)
- Phono Input Moving Magnet: 1 (adjustable loading)
- Upgradeable Digital Audio Module: Yes – DA1
- Digital Coaxial Input: 2
- Digital Optical Input: 2
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input: 1
- Digital USB Input: 1
- HDMI (ARC) Input: 0
- Balanced Variable Output: 1
- Unbalanced Fixed Output: 1
- Unbalanced Variable Output: 1
- Headphone Output: 1/4-inch High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD)
- Subwoofer Output: 0
- AM/FM Tuner option: No
- Home Theatre PassThru: Yes
- Unbalanced Analog Connector Type: Premium gold-plated solid brass
- Speaker Binding Post Type: Patented Solid Cinch™ Speaker Binding Posts
- Service Port: 1
- Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) Type: 8-channel, 32-bit / 384 kHz PCM/DSD, Quad Balanced
- Digital Coaxial Input Sample Rate: 24-bit / 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz
- Digital Optical Input Sample Rate: 24-bit / 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz
- Digital MCT Input Sample Rate: 16-bit / 44.1 kHz (CD) DSD64 (SACD)
- Digital USB Input Sample Rate: 32-bit / 44.1 kHz to 384kHz (PCM) DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DXD 352.8 kHz, DXD 384 kHz
- Tone Controls: 8-Band
- Tone Bypass and Input Assign: Yes
- RS232 Control Input: Yes
- Power Control Output: 1 Main, 2 Trigger
- Rear Panel Data Port: 4
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input: Yes
- Input Level Match: Yes
- Vacuum Tube / Solid State: Solid State
- Output Type: Autoformer™
- Output Meters: Yes
- Dual Layer Chassis: Yes
- Chassis Finish: Polished stainless steel & black painted steel
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™: Yes
- Power Requirement: 120 V, 50/60 Hz, 6.6 A
- Standby Power Requirement: <0.25 Watts
- Unit Dimensions (WxHxD): 44.5 x 24 x 50.2 cm
- Unit Weight: 45.8 kg
- Shipping Weight: 60.8 kg
Full McIntosh Labs Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for McIntosh Laboratory Inc. We provide sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.