Making up the 14 inputs on MA7200 are 8 analog connections (5 unbalanced, 1 balanced and 1 each of Moving Coil and Moving Magnet inputs for turntables) along with 6 digital (2 each of coaxial and optical plus 1 USB and 1 proprietary MCT for use with the MCT500 SACD/CD Transport).
The digital inputs are housed in our DA1 Digital Audio Module, which can easily be replaced by future modules to keep your MA7200 current with the latest digital audio technologies. The DA1 comes with an 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode. An optional dealer-installed upgrade to the DA2 Digital Audio Module is now also available.
The USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz for high resolution audio playback, while the coax and optical inputs will decode music up to 24-bit/192kHz. All inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration.
MA7200 includes McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which are so efficient at dissipating heat that they warrant bearing the company logo. They are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate warm-up time so you can enjoy the full sonic capabilities of MA7200 from the moment you turn it on.
The MA7200 is full of other McIntosh technologies including Autoformers™ to deliver the full 200 Watts to each of your speakers regardless of their impedance, Power Guard®, Sentry Monitor™, Home Theater PassThru, bass and treble tone controls, High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®), and gold-plated speaker binding posts.
The MA7200 is one of many McIntosh products to receive Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs. It has been profiled and tested by both Roon and McIntosh for maximum compatibility. Roon will recognize it and send it audio optimised for its capabilities. No fiddling with checkboxes or dropdown-menus, Roon Tested devices are automatically identified and configured out of the box for a superior customer experience.
The entire unit is wrapped in the timeless McIntosh appearance with blue watt meters, a black glass front panel with aluminium end caps, control knobs and illuminated logo.
- Two-Channel Integrated Amplifier.
- 200 Watts x 2 channel.
- Comes with DA1 Digital Audio Module installed.
- Optional dealer installed upgrade to DA2 Digital Audio Module available.
- Power Output per Channel: 200 Watts
- Number of Channels: 2
- Speaker Impedance: 2, 4, or 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Dynamic Headroom: 2 dB
- Frequency Response +0,-0.5 dB: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response, +0, -3 dB: 10 Hz to 100 kHz
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil): 0.25 mV
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet): 2.5 mV
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced): 0.5 V / 0.25 V
- Sensitivity (Power Amp input): 1.4 V
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Coil): 80 dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet): 82 dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level): 95 dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Power Amp input): 113 dB
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced): 20 K / 20 K
- Damping Factor: >40
- Maximum Output (Balanced / Unbalanced): 8 V Unbalanced
- Balanced Input: 1
- Unbalanced Input: 5
- Phono Input Moving Coil: 1 (adjustable loading)
- Phono Input Moving Magnet: 1 (fixed loading)
- Upgradeable Digital Audio Module: Yes – DA1
- Digital Coaxial Input: 2
- Digital Optical Input: 2
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input: 1
- Digital USB Input: 1
- HDMI (ARC) Input: 0
- Balanced Variable Output: 0
- Unbalanced Fixed Output: 0
- Unbalanced Variable Output: 2
- Headphone Output: 1/4-inch High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- Subwoofer Output: 0
- AM/FM Tuner option: No
- Home Theatre PassThru: Yes
- Unbalanced Analog Connector Type: Standard
- Speaker Binding Post Type: Standard
- Service Port: 1
- Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) Type: 8-channel, 32-bit/384kHz PCM/DSD, Quad Balanced
- Digital Coaxial Input Sample Rate: 24-bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital Optical Input Sample Rate: 24-bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input Sample Rate: 16-bit/44.1kHz (CD), DSD64 (SACD)
- Digital USB Input Sample Rate: 32-bit/44.1kHz to 384kHz (PCM), DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DXD352.8kHz, DXD384kHz
- Tone Controls: Bass / Treble
- Tone Bypass and Input Assign: Yes
- RS232 Control Input: Yes
- Power Control Output: 1 Main, 2 Trigger
- Rear Panel Data Port: 4
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input: Yes
- Input Level Match: Yes
- Vacuum Tube or Solid State: Solid State
- Output Type: Autoformer™
- Output Meters: Yes
- Dual Layer Chassis: Yes
- Chassis Finish: Black painted steel
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™: Yes
- Power Requirement: 120 V 50/60 Hz, 4.4 amps
- Standby Power Requirement: <0.25 Watts
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D): 44.5 x 19.4 x 47.6 cm
- Unit Weight: 34.1 kg
- Shipping Weight: 42.3 kg
Full McIntosh Labs Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Macintosh Laboratory Inc. We can offer sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.