The MA5300 is a direct coupled integrated amplifier delivering 100 Watts per channel into 8-Ohm speakers or 160 Watts per channel into 4-Ohm speakers. New dual-scale blue watt meters give an accurate readout of power output for both 4 and 8 Ohm impedances.
The complement of 12 inputs includes 6 analog inputs – 4 unbalanced, 1 balanced and 1 Moving Magnet (MM) input for turntables – plus 6 digital inputs, 2 each coaxial and optical, 1 USB and 1 proprietary MCT for use with the MCT series of SACD/CD Transports.
All digital inputs are housed in the DA1 Digital Audio Module which can be replaced by future modules as new digital audio technologies are developed. An optional dealer-installed upgrade to the DA2 Digital Audio Module is now also available.
The DA1 comes with an 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode and supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz for high resolution audio playback. All inputs can be given user-friendly names to simplify system control and configuration.
Included on the MA5300 are McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate warm-up time. This means you can enjoy full sonic capabilities from the moment you turn it on.
Powerful new control microprocessors have been used to improve overall system operation, along with some of the latest audio-grade circuit components to deliver the best possible sound. Bass and treble tone controls have been added to help you further fine tune your music to your personal preferences.
MA5300 is one of many McIntosh products to receive Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs. It has been profiled and tested by both Roon and McIntosh for maximum compatibility. Roon will recognise it and send it audio optimised for its capabilities. No fiddling with checkboxes or dropdown menus, Roon Tested devices are automatically identified and configured out of the box for a superior customer experience.
Rounding out the MA5300 are time tested McIntosh technologies including Power Guard®, Sentry Monitor™, Home Theater PassThru, High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®), and gold-plated speaker binding posts. The classic McIntosh aesthetic of blue Watt meters, a black glass front panel with aluminium end caps, control knobs and illuminated logo complete the MA5300.
- Two-Channel Integrated Amplifier.
- 100 Watts into 8 Ohms.
- 160 Watts into 4 Ohms.
- Comes with DA1 Digital Audio Module installed.
- Optional dealer installed upgrade to DA2 Digital Audio Module available.
- Power Output per Channel: 100 Watts into 8 Ohms, 160 Watts into 4 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 2
- Speaker Impedance: 4 or 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Dynamic Headroom: 1.8 dB
- Frequency Response +0,-0.5 dB: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response +0, -3 dB: 10 Hz to 100 kHz
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet): 2.5 mV
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced): 0.5 V / 0.25 V
- Sensitivity (Power Amp input): 1 V
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet): 82 dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level): 95 dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Power Amp input): 110 dB
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced): 20 K / 20 K
- Damping Factor: 8 Ohms: >200, 4 Ohms: >100
- Maximum Output (Balanced / Unbalanced): 8 V Unbalanced
- Balanced Input: 1
- Unbalanced Input: 4
- Phono Input Moving Coil: 0
- Phono Input Moving Magnet: 1 (fixed loading)
- Upgradeable Digital Audio Module: Yes – DA1
- Digital Coaxial Input: 2
- Digital Optical Input: 2
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input: 1
- Digital USB Input: 1
- HDMI (ARC) Input: 0
- Balanced Variable Output: 0
- Unbalanced Fixed Output: 0
- Unbalanced Variable Output: 1
- Headphone Output: 1/4-inch High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- Subwoofer Output: 0
- AM/FM Tuner option: No
- Home Theatre PassThru: Yes
- Unbalanced Analog Connector Type: Standard
- Speaker Binding Post Type: Standard
- Service Port: 1
- Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) Type: 8-channel, 32-bit / 384 kHz PCM/DSD, Quad Balanced
- Digital Coaxial Input Sample Rate: 24-bit / 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz
- Digital Optical Input Sample Rate: 24-bit / 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input Sample Rate: 16-bit / 44.1 kHz (CD), DSD64 (SACD)
- Digital USB Input Sample Rate: 32-bit / 44.1 kHz to 384 kHz (PCM), DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DXD 352.8 kHz, DXD 384 kHz
- Tone Controls: Bass / Treble
- Tone Bypass & Input Assign: Yes
- RS232 Control Input: Yes
- Power Control Output: 1 Main
- Rear Panel Data Port: 2
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input: Yes
- Input Level Match: Yes
- Vacuum Tube / Solid State: Solid State
- Output Type: Direct Coupled
- Output Meters: Yes
- Dual Layer Chassis: Yes
- Chassis Finish: Black painted steel
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks: Yes
- Power Requirement: 120 V 50/60 Hz, 2.3 A
- Standby Power Requirement: <0.25 Watts
- Unit Dimensions (WxHxD): 44.45 x 15.2 x 47.6 cm
- Unit Weight: 17.2 kg
- Shipping Weight: 25.2 kg
Full McIntosh Labs Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for McIntosh Laboratory Inc. We can provide sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.