Few hi-fi companies, if any, can say that one person has steered their sound for four decades. Ken Ishiwata has does exactly that at Marantz. The SA-KI Ruby SACD / CD Player goes beyond even the standards of past KI Signature achievements, embodying all of Ken Ishiwata’s experience and expertise. Therefore they carry Ken Ishiwata’s signature as integral part of their design.
In exploring every aspect of every design, just occasionally he finds a product with extra potential, which he can then take beyond the Marantz standard and into something even more special – thus a KI Signature product is born.
SA-KI Ruby features a new disc mechanism developed by Marantz engineers, purely for audio: the SACD-M3. It is able to play SACDs, CDs, and compilations on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM.
The SA’s sophisticated yet clean design holds a generous power supply using a toroidal transformer, isolated digital inputs, and a high-quality analogue output stage with Marantz HDAMs
SA-KI Ruby also has an asynchronous USB input, able to handle formats all the way up to PCM / DXD 384Hz/32bit and DSD11.2MHz, and handles all digital music with a unique Marantz Musical Mastering technology.
SA-KI Ruby uses the unique Marantz Musical Mastering technology. All digital files are up-converted to a single-bit datastream using the proprietary MMM-Stream converter within the player. Then the high-frequency signal produced is processed by the unique MMM-Conversion stage, used in place of a conventional DAC, to produce the analogue output.
Marantz has been designing and making superior CD players for more than 35 years. Many of these products reflect the expertise of Ken Ishiwata. Now, to mark his four decades with the company, the SA-KI Ruby CD player has been developed and tuned by a highly experienced engineering team led by KI himself. And it arrives bearing Ken Ishiwata’s signature and a special Ruby motif.
- In-house-developed SACD/CD mechanism "SACDM-3", designed purely for audio SACD/CD playback, and playback of compilations on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM.
- Asynchronous USB input for hi-res audio up to PCM / DXD 384kHz/32 bit and DSD11.2MHz.
- Isolation of USB and digital inputs to block noise from internal and external sources.
- Innovative Marantz Musical Mastering "MMM-Stream" upsampling to DSD and filtering.
- Custom-designed 1-bit direct "MMM – Conversion" from DSD to analogue.
- New analogue output stage with Marantz HDAM-SA3 and HDAM-SA2 technology and low impedance output.
- Power supply using toroidal transformer.
- Dedicated headphone amplifier with alldiscrete construction featuring HDAM-SA2.
- Laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature and Ruby motif, marking Ken Ishiwata’s 40 years with Marantz.