The new SRM-007tII is a vacuum-tube electrostatic headphone amplifier driver unit intended exclusively for STAX Earspeakers, which are characterized by their wide, high dynamic range and outstanding operating features.
The ultra-light polymer film diaphragm of electrostatic headphones, only a few microns thick, realizes unprecedented response and a high degree of resolution. Since it is driven on all sides, there is almost no partitioned vibration and there is no phase distortion. Nor is there any imbalance in the sound quality of the unit, or distortion caused by the network. Electromagnetic distortion also does not occur.
SRM-007tII opens up the world of high sound quality that is the mark of headphone listening, a world characterised by the absence of need for large output, the high degree of freedom permitted by the use of high sound quality elements for use with small signals, and the even balance between left and right unaffected by acoustic conditions in the listening room.
Newly improved circuitry raises the frequency response from 70kHz to 100kHz to accommodate audio formats such as SACD and DVD-A.
The electrostatic transducer is driven by electrodes set on both sides of the diaphragm which carry the push-pull signals. This is thus virtually the only replay system that enables the listener to enjoy replay unique to balance transmission without the need to pass through a transformer or inversion amplifier.
Adopting rectifier circuits combining low-noise, low-loss Schottky barrier diodes and large electrolytic capacitors, plus a low-ripple DC power source improves the Signal-to-Noise ratio.
A simple two-stage amplifier configuration using high-voltage dual triode tube 6FQ7(6CG7) delivers straightforward properties that are transparent and clear.
Hand-picked low noise FET, and six acoustic high sound quality relays are used. Simultaneous switching system adopted from SRM-T2, input source is isolated of direct current and there is no interference between different devices.
- Improved frequency response
- Pure balance amplifier
- Heated power supply
- Output stage
- Input stage
- High quality volume control
- Type: Vacuum tube output stage, low noise dual FET input, Class A operation, pure balance DC amplifier configuration Earspeaker driver unit
- Vacuum Tube: 4 (6FQ7 / 6CG7)
- Frequency Response: DC to 100,000Hz +0,-1.5dB (if used with SR-007 or SR-404)
- High Harmonic Distortion: Max. 0.02% (with 1kHz, 100V RMS)
- Gain: 54dB (x500)
- Input Terminal: 3 ( XLR x 1, RCA x 2) with 1 RCA parallel out
- Rated Input Level: 200mV / 100V Outputs
- Max. Input Level: 30V RMS at min. volume
- Input Impedance: 50Kohm, 50kohm x 2 during balance
- Max. Output Voltage: 340V RMS (1kHz)
- Standard Bias Voltage: PRO 580V x 2
- Power Voltage Frequency: 117V (50Hz / 60Hz)
- Power Consumption: 55W
- Temperature & Humidity: 0 to 35°C / 90% max. without condensation
- Weight: 10.4lbs (4.72kg)
- Warranty: 1-year U.S. limited warranty