Released October 2020, the newly designed SRM-700T is a hybrid electrostatic headphone driver from STAX Audio. Inspired by their flagship model SRM-T8000, the 700T uses solid-state FET as a driver stage and vacuum tube as the output stage.
The first stage is a custom-made low-noise dual FET while the second stage is a clear, high slew-rate vacuum tube 6SN7. The tube output offers warm and spacious music reproduction.
Together, this hybrid design delivers a wonderfully precise, detailed sound with overtones of tube warmth. A great combination.
Perfect for STAX electrostatic earspeakers, allowing the precise detail of your music to shine through.
Update, March 2022: The STAX SRM-700T is now also available in Black finish. We are awaiting images of this new casing.
- 6SN7 achieves a highly transparent sound.
- Non-inductive winding resistors with the least inductance.
- High-definition film capacitors.
- Hand-selected matching FET.
- EMI shielded volume control.
- Volume control bypass switching.
- Switchable RCA and XLR inputs. RCA parallel out.
- Features newly developed large-sized aluminium insulators, combined with new vibration-proof material plus high frictional coefficient.
- Type: FET input + vacuum tube output hybrid DC amplification driver unit.
- Vacuum tube: 6SN7 x2
- Frequency response: DC – 100 kHz (with SR-009S)
- Gain: 60 dB
- Harmonic distortion: 0.01% or less (1 kHz / 100 V rms output)
- Input impedance: 50 kΩ (RCA), 50 kΩx 2 (XLR)
- Maximum output voltage: 340 V rms (1 kHz)
- Bias voltage: PRO 580 V
- Operating temperature / humidity: 0 to 35 degrees C / less than 90% (non condensing)
- Input terminal: RCA x 1, XLR x 1
- Output: RCA parallel output terminal
- Power consumption: 54 W
- Dimension: 240 W x 103 H x 393 D mm (maximum protruding portion included)
- Weight: 5.7 kg
Full STAX Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for STAX Audio, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.
There are no reviews yet.