The original Debut turntable from Pro-Ject was introduced in the late 1990s, and was a revolution for the hi-fi industry. For the first time after the arrival of Compact Disc and the assumed demise of vinyl records, an analogue product re-emerged into the mass market – something all music lovers could afford. This new Debut RecordMaster has been designed to set new standards for the model.
Featuring many improvements such as an increase in platter size & weight to realise even smoother rotation, the overall sound quality is greatly improved. The approved belt drive design offers a low noise AC motor with effective motor decoupling (utilising TPE), ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator for ultimate speed stability.
Ultimate convenience is achieved due to an electronic speed change and the possibility of playing 78rpm records too. As 78’s are uncommon now, a quick manual exchange of stylus to OM78 (not included) and a drive belt turnover to larger diameter of pulley is required. Quick & simple to achieve.
Debut RecordMaster comes with a pre-mounted cartridge and built-in phono preamplifier with USB output, so connection to the line-level input of your hifi system AND recording of your vinyl to PC/Mac can be done simultaneously.
- Precision belt drive with synchronous motor
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm (78) speed change, which acts as a "Speed Box" with ultimate speed stability
- 8.6" aluminium tonearm
- Steel platter weighing 1.3 kg, with felt mat
- Built in MM phono preamplifier with USB out
- Simultaneous connection with amplifier & PC/Mac
- OM5e moving-magnet cartridge fitted
- Available in three high-gloss finishes (piano-black, red, white) and walnut matt.
- Dust cover included
- Debut RecordMaster with Ortofon OM5e
- Connect It! RCA Cable
- Adapter for 7" singles
- Power supply
- Speed: 33 / 45 (electronic speed change), 78 (manual speed change)
- Drive Principle: Belt
- Platter: 300 mm steel, with felt mat
- Speed Drift: 33: ±0.60% 45: ±0.50%
- Wow & Flutter: 33: ±0.19% 45: ±0.17%
- Mains Bearing: Stainless-steel axle in a brass bearing housing
- Tonearm: 8.6" aluminium
- Effective Arm Length: 218.5mm
- Overhang: 18.5mm
- Tracking Force: 10 – 30mN
- A/D Conversion: 16bit Delta Sigma
- Sampling Frequency: up to 48kHz
- Outputs: RCA / USB-B (USB 1.1)
- Included Accessories: 15 Volts DC power supply, dust cover
- Dimensions: 415 x 118 x 320 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 5.6 kg net
Full Pro-Ject Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Pro-Ject Audio Systems, and can offer advice, assistance, purchase and aftercare options for all models in their range. Do get in touch if you would like to audition one of their excellent products.