Whilst the 212/SX certainly thunders and shakes foundations, it also resolves detail and restores midrange warmth to its correct balance. At 1000 watts through four 12-inch drivers, 212/SX drives rooms hard and in multiple modes which allows it to create richer bass everywhere in a room.
Refinements to the legendary ultra-fast filters and newly developed drivers produces harder slam and brings to life quieter, gentler moments, thus improving system performance at both extremes. 121/SX plays brilliantly with both high-end 2-channel and larger power theatre applications.
Lightweight carbon fibre blades firmly attached to the rear of each active alloy cone serve to both strengthen the cone and quiet it. The twin active drivers now offer an additional 12mm of stroke and also benefit from updated suspension geometry and greater power handling.
Plus, a brand-new double-spider, high powered passive unit on the bottom delivers floor-rippling low bass. The result is a major step forward in the 212 design, an already brilliant performer now playing louder with greater ease whilst better preserving the tiniest details of air and space with even greater precision.
The down-firing passive produces deep, floor-crawling bass that makes a room shudder. Mounted above the amplifier panel on the rear is the second passive. This unit produces wrap-around atmospheric bass that adds air and shimmer to the sound. Positioned on a rear wall or in a rear corner of a space allows for bass to develop exceedingly long wavefronts and adds an ease and effortless quality unique to single-box designs.
- Twin Continuous Cast™ Alloy Bass Engines
- Dual Continuous Carbon Passive Radiators
- NextGen5 1000 Watts Digital Amplifier
- Wireless Compatible (via REL Airship)
- Type: 2x Front-firing active drivers, 1x rear passive, 1x down-firing passive.
- Active Driver Size / Material: 2x 12 in, 300 mm long-throw, Continuous CastAlloy™ cone structure, cast chassis.
- Passive Radiator Size / Material: 2x 12 in, 300 mm Carbon / Carbon flat cone structure, steel chassis.
- Low Frequency Extension: -6dB @ 18 Hz
- Input Connectors: High-Level Neutrik Speakon, Low-Level stereo RCA, LFE XLR, LFE RCA
- Output Connectors: High-Level Neutrik Speakon, LFE RCA, LFE XLR
- Power Output: 1000 W RMS
- Amplifier Type: NextGen5 Class D
- Wireless Capability: Yes, via REL AirShip system (not included, sold separately).
Full REL Acoustics Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for REL Acoustics, able to supply and advise upon their complete range of superb subwoofers.