The flagship 702 S3 is a state-of-the-art floorstanding speaker which defines new standards of performance in its class.
702 S3’s Carbon Dome tweeter is housed in an all-new Solid Body Tweeter assembly, while with its new downward-firing port configuration and trio of Aerofoil Profile bass cones, it delivers bass that’s both profoundly deep and endlessly articulate.
The 700 Series features the latest generation of the iconic Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top housing. Its new, more elongated form incorporates a longer tube-loading system to produce an even more free and open sound with high frequencies. The carefully decoupled housing is milled from a single solid block of aluminium to better resist resonance.
Carbon Dome tweeters are purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminium double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Thanks to its composite construction, the Continuum™ cone avoids the abrupt transitions in behaviour that can impair the performance of a conventional drive unit. The result is a more open, neutral performance that delivers voices and instruments with precision and transparency.
Every three-way loudspeaker in the new 700 Series has a dedicated midrange cone using four key Bowers & Wilkins technologies: the Continuum cone, FST™, Biomimetic Suspension and midrange decoupling, the latter ensuring minimal interference from the operation of the loudspeaker’s bass drivers.
Developed using advanced computer modelling techniques, the Aerofoil™ Profile bass cone has variable thickness, providing stiffness and rigidity where it’s needed most. The result: deep and dynamic bass.
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top
- Continuum™ cone FST™ midrange
- Decoupled midrange
- Aerofoil™ Profile bass cones
- Description: 3-Way Vented-Box System
- Drive Units:
- 1 x 25 mm Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
- 1 x 150 mm Continuum cone FST midrange
- 3 x 165 mm Aerofoil Profile bass
- Frequency Range: 28 Hz – 33 kHz
- Frequency Response: 46 Hz – 28 kHz ±3 dB
- Sensitivity: 90 dB spl (2.83 Vrms, 1 m)
- Harmonic Distortion: 2nd + 3rd harmonics (90 dB, 1 m on axis) / <1 % 86 Hz – 28 kHz / <0.5 % 110 Hz – 20 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ω (minimum 3.1 Ω)
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 30 W – 300 W into 8 Ω on unclipped programme
- Max recommended cable impedance: 0.1 Ω
- Height: 1010 mm cabinet only / 1138 mm including tweeter and plinth
- Width: 192 mm cabinet only / 290 mm including plinth
- Depth: 354 mm cabinet only / 391 mm including grille and terminals / 410 mm including plinth
- Net Weight: 33.46 kg
- Cabinet Finishes: Gloss Black / Satin White / Mocha
- Grille Finishes: Black / Grey (Satin White only)
Full Bowers & Wilkins Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Bowers & Wilkins, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.