First introduced in 1985, the Forte quickly established itself as the most popular Klipsch model. The elegant design and outstanding performance made the Forte a standout among its competitors. In 2017, Klipsch re-introduced the Forte as part of the Heritage speaker series. The new Forte IV features updated cosmetics and the latest advancements in acoustic engineering, while maintaining the original charisma that made the Forte so popular.
Forte IV hosts a three-way design utilising a 12-inch woofer and horn-loaded midrange and tweeter. The Forte IV incorporates an all new K-702 midrange compression driver, featuring a polyimide diaphragm for exceptional detail and dynamics. The K-702 midrange is mated to a modified Tractrix® horn featuring the patented Mumps technology for an even polar response of mid frequencies, giving you more consistent sound throughout the listening area.
The titanium diaphragm high-frequency driver has an all-new wide dispersion phase plug for providing exceptionally even high-frequency dispersion for a wider, more accurate sweet spot.
The well-extended bass of Forte IV is found in the use of a rear-mounted passive radiator. A mammoth 15-inch (38 cm) in size, this sub-bass radiator operates on acoustic pressure generated by the active woofer for greater bass output and extension.
Forte IV has been completely re-voiced from its predecessor, utilising premium components in an all new high-fidelity network — minimising electrical degradation throughout the circuitry — for truer to life sound with best in class efficiency and power handling. The new network draws from the classic three-way steep slope design of the legendary Klipschorn and La Scala speakers.
The Forte’s premium, aluminium input panel accommodates large, high-quality speaker cables. Strong, versatile and quality binding posts provide the capability for bi-wiring or bi-amping.
Klipsch only uses book-matched wood veneers for the Heritage series. The veneer leaves are kept in order as they are delicately sliced from the timber and precisely arranged to provide a mirror image at the splice joint — like turning the pages of a book. This gives each speaker an aesthetically appealing and consistent appearance that is treasured more than any other cut of wood veneer.
Every pair of Heritage series loudspeakers are grain-matched using wood veneer panels that come from the same timber. Each cabinet is carefully matched so that each speaker in the pair is practically indistinguishable from the other. The speakers move seamlessly together through the factory, and each finished product is inspected and labeled with sequential serial numbers, ensuring that your Heritage series speakers leave the factory as a meticulously crafted set.
While each and every component of the Forte IV is built to last, Klipsch has always recognised the unique and critical role of a loudspeaker’s cabinet in the sound reproduction process. From the craftsmen in Hope, AR to the engineers in Indianapolis, IN, Klipsch has always put an extraordinary emphasis on cabinet design. The Forte enclosure is assembled using only the highest-grade adhesives and fasteners. This is a speaker you will hand down from generation to generation.
- High efficiency, three-way, full range loudspeaker.
- Designed and made in the USA with domestic and imported components.
- 15-inch Passive Radiator for full range performance.
- Book-matched wood veneer sold as grain-matched pairs.
- Built to last.
- Frequency Response: (+/- 3 dB) 38 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 99 dB @ 2.83 V / 1 m
- Power Handling: 100 W Continuous / 400 W Peak
- Max SPL: 116 dB Continuous
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms Compatible
- Crossover Frequency: HF 5.2 kHz / MF 650 Hz
- HF Driver: K-100-TI 1-inch (2.54 cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver on a K-79T horn
- MF Driver: K-702 1.75-inch (4.45 cm) Polyimide Compression Driver mated to a K-703-M horn
- LF Driver: K-281 12-inch (30.48 cm) Fibre-composite cone woofer, plus KD-15 15-inch (38.1 cm) Passive cone radiator
- Enclosure Material: 3/4-inch MDF
- Inputs: Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp
- Dimensions HWD: 90.81 x 42.24 x 33 cm
- Weight: 32.7 kg
Full Klipsch Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Klipsch, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.