Because of its size, the Heresy offers the greatest degree of placement flexibility in the Heritage series. First introduced in 1957, this three-way horn-loaded loudspeaker is still able to deliver the awe-inspiring Klipsch sound that fans around the world know and love.
Heresy IV incorporates an all new K-702 midrange compression driver, featuring a polyimide diaphragm for exceptional detail and dynamics. The K-702 midrange is mated to the K-704 Tractrix® horn, providing you with a wide coverage pattern and smooth response throughout the listening area.
The K-107-TI titanium diaphragm high-frequency driver features an all new wide dispersion phase plug, providing exceptionally even high-frequency dispersion throughout the listening area, making for a wider, more accurate sweet spot.
Heresy IV has been completely re-voiced from its predecessor, utilising premium components in an all-new high-fidelity network — minimising electrical degradation throughout the circuitry — for truer to life sound with best in class efficiency and power handling. The new network draws from the classic three-way steep slope design of the legendary Klipschorn, La Scala and Cornwall speakers.
For the first time in its long legacy, the Heresy now features a rear port, which improves low-frequency extension by almost 10 Hz, for room-filling bass. Utilizing Tractrix geometry, the all new Heresy IV ports allow for the most efficient, fastest air transfer in their class, which reduces port noise for punchier low frequencies. Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port. Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass.
Heresy’s premium, aluminium input panel accommodates large, high-quality speaker cables. Strong, versatile and quality binding posts provide the capability for bi-wiring or bi-amping. The quality continues with Audioquest Type 4 with Star-Quad Geometry internal wiring featuring carbon-loaded insulation, nitrogen-injected PE and solid long-grain copper conductors ensuring the purest signal transfer from input cup to crossover network to drivers.
Nothing in the industry sounds as big or is as efficient as the Heresy, given its relatively compact size. This model offers the greatest degree of placement flexibility of the Heritage series. The bonus slant riser base can be removed for cabinet installations.
Every pair of Heritage series loudspeakers is grain-matched, using wood veneer panels that come from the same timber. Each cabinet is carefully matched so that each speaker in the pair is practically indistinguishable from the other. The speakers move seamlessly together through the factory, and each finished product is inspected and labelled with sequential serial numbers, ensuring that your Heritage series speakers leave the factory as a meticulously crafted set.
While each and every component of the Heresy IV is built to last. Klipsch has always recognised the unique and critical role of a loudspeaker’s cabinet in the sound reproduction process. From the craftsmen in Hope, to the engineers in Indianapolis, Klipsch have always put an extraordinary emphasis on cabinet design. The Heresy enclosure is assembled using only the highest-grade adhesives and fasteners. The riser base can be removed for cabinet installation or placement on optional stands.
- Includes New 10-Year Warranty.
- All-new K-702 midrange compression driver, featuring a polyimide diaphragm, for exceptional detail.
- For the first time, the Heresy IV features a rear port for the most efficient, fastest air transfer in their class, which reduces port noise for punchier low frequencies.
- K-702 midrange is mated to the K-704 Tractrix® horn for a wide coverage pattern.
- K-107-TI titanium diaphragm high-frequency driver with an all-new wide dispersion phase plug for providing exceptionally even high-frequency dispersion.
- All-new high fidelity network for truer to life sound, best-in-class efficiency, and power handling.
- Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom-designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port. Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass.
- Available in a high-quality Satin Black Ash, Natural Cherry, Distressed Oak, or American Walnut wood veneer finish.
- Designed & assembled in the USA.
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz – 20 kHz +/- 4dB
- Sensitivity: 99 dB @ 2.83 V / 1 m
- Power Handling: 100 W Continuous / 400 W Peak
- Max SPL: 116 dB Continuous
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Crossover Frequency: HF 4500 Hz / MF 850 Hz
- HF Driver: K-107-TI 1-inch (2.54 cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
- MF Driver: K-702 1.75-inch (4.45 cm) polyimide diaphragm compression driver
- LF Driver: K-28-E 12-inch (30.48 cm) Fiber-composite cone woofer
- Enclosure Material: MDF
- Inputs: Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp
- Dimensions HWD: 63.01 x 39.37 x 33.66 cm
- Weight: 20.41 kg
Full Klipsch Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Klipsch, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.