The new Bowers & Wilkins 703 S3 now features the iconic B&W Tweeter-on-Top configuration for the first time, alongside a decoupled FST™ Continuum cone midrange driver – enhanced by the addition of the revolutionary new Biomimetic Suspension and twin Aerofoil Profile bass drivers.
The 700 Series features the latest generation of iconic Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top housing. This new, more elongated form incorporates a longer tube-loading system to produce an even more free and open sound with high frequencies. The carefully decoupled housing is milled from a single solid block of aluminium to better resist resonance.
Carbon Dome tweeters are purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminium double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47 kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Thanks to its composite construction, the Continuum™ cone avoids the abrupt transitions in behaviour that can impair the performance of a conventional drive unit. The result is a more open, neutral performance that delivers voices and instruments with precision and transparency.
Every three-way loudspeaker in the new 700 Series – including the Bowers & Wilkins 703 S3 – has a dedicated midrange cone using four key Bowers & Wilkins technologies: the Continuum cone, FST™, Biomimetic Suspension and midrange decoupling, the latter ensuring minimal interference from the operation of the loudspeaker’s bass drivers.
Developed using advanced computer modelling techniques, the Aerofoil™ Profile bass cone has variable thickness, providing stiffness and rigidity where it’s needed most. The result: deep and dynamic bass.
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter.
- Solid Body Tweeter-on-Top.
- Continuum™ cone FST™ midrange.
- Decoupled midrange.
- Aerofoil™ Profile bass cones.
- Description: 3-way vented-box system
- Drive Units:
- 1 x 25 mm Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
- 1 x 150 mm Continuum cone FST midrange
- 2 x 165 mm Aerofoil Profile bass
- Frequency Range: 30 Hz – 33 kHz
- Frequency Response: 46 Hz – 28 kHz ±3 dB
- Sensitivity: 90 dB spl (2.83 Vrms, 1 m)
- Harmonic Distortion: 2nd + 3rd harmonics (90 dB, 1 m on axis) / <1 % 90 Hz – 22 kHz / <0.5 % 12 0Hz – 20 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ω (minimum 3.1 Ω)
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 30 W – 200 W into 8 Ω on unclipped programme
- Max Recommended Cable Impedance: 0.1 ω
- Height: 1010 mm cabinet only / 1117 mm including tweeter and plinth
- Width: 192 mm cabinet only / 290 mm including plinth
- Depth: 316 mm cabinet only / 353 mm including grille and terminals / 372 mm including plinth
- Net Weight: 28.81 kg
- Cabinet Finishes: Gloss Black / Satin White / Mocha
- Grille Finishes: Black / Grey (Satin White only)
Full Bowers & Wilkins Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Bowers & Wilkins, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality audio products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.
There are no reviews yet.