This elegant floor-standing loudspeaker is slimmer and easier to accommodate than ever. Perfect for superlative sound in smaller spaces.
Carbon Dome tweeters are purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminium double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47 kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Thanks to composite construction, the Continuum™ cone avoids the abrupt transitions in behaviour that can impair the performance of a conventional drive unit. The result is a more open, neutral performance that delivers voices and instruments with precision and transparency.
Every three-way loudspeaker in the new 700 Series has a dedicated midrange cone using four key Bowers & Wilkins technologies: the Continuum cone, FST™, Biomimetic Suspension and midrange decoupling, the latter ensuring minimal interference from the operation of the loudspeaker’s bass drivers.
Developed using advanced computer modelling techniques, the Aerofoil™ Profile bass cone has variable thickness, providing stiffness and rigidity where it’s needed most. The result: deep and dynamic bass.
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Continuum™ cone FST™ midrange
- Decoupled midrange
- Aerofoil™ Profile bass cones
- Description: 3-way vented-box system
- Drive Units:
- 1 x 25 mm Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
- 1 x 130 mm Continuum cone FST midrange
- 2 x 130 mm Aerofoil profile bass
- Frequency Range: 43 Hz – 33 kHz
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz – 28 kHz ±3 dB
- Sensitivity: 88 dB spl (2.83 Vrms, 1 m)
- Harmonic Distortion: 2nd + 3rd harmonics (90 dB, 1 m on axis) / < 1 % 100 Hz – 22 kHz / < 0.5 % 300 Hz – 20 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ω (minimum 3.1 Ω)
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 30 W – 150 W into 8 Ω on unclipped programme
- Max Recommended Cable Impedance: 0.1 Ω
- Height: 925 mm cabinet only / 964 mm including plinth
- Width: 165 mm cabinet only / 252 mm including plinth
- Depth: 263 mm cabinet only / 300 mm including grille and terminals / 321 mm including plinth
- Net weight: 20.53 kg
- Cabinet Finishes: Gloss Black / Satin White / Mocha
- Grille Finishes: Black / Grey (Satin White only)
Full Bowers & Wilkins Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Bowers & Wilkins, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality audio products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.