AVR550 AV Receiver
Offering a level of sound quality that is far above competing receivers, the AVR550 is an audiophile product by any measure.
Equally at home with high resolution surround sound or two-channel music, AVR550 delivers stunning realism with everything from heavyweight blockbusters to your favourite concert video.
Arcam has also included the very latest room correcting technology from Dirac Research – Dirac Live® gives the ability to tune the acoustic performance of the system to any room situation, thus giving the listener the best possible experience in their own home.
Together with Arcam’s legendary amplifier technology, Dolby Atmos & DTS:X deliver captivating sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room, including overhead, to bring entertainment alive all around the audience.
Whether you are listening to music, movies, television shows or playing your favourite video games, Dolby Atmos & DTS:X deliver the full impact of the entertainment experience. Please note that for a complete 7.1.4 system, an additional 4-channel amplifier will be required.
Both video and audio stages are designed to embrace both current and upcoming technologies. HDMI2.0a with HDCP2.2 4K "Ultra HD" and 3D video capability are built in.
An internal tuner provides a fully integrated FM / DAB / DAB+ radio solution. Worldwide access to internet radio stations is provided through the network connection, which also interfaces to UPnP audio servers. The USB port supports memory devices.
Control is possible via Ethernet, enabling it to be fully integrated with whole house control systems, or via the iOS MusicLife UPnP/control app. RS232, 12V triggers and standard IR control are also included.
- 7.1.4CH AVR Class A/B
- Dolby Atmos & DTS:X 7.1.4 decoding
- 4K (UHD) HDMI2.0a with HDCP2.2
- 7 HDMI inputs, 3 HDMI outputs, ARC compatible
- Dirac Live® for Arcam room correction
- Spotify® Connect enabled
- Cirrus CS42528 audiophile DAC
- Ethernet, RS232 and IR control
- Free MusicLife iOS UPnP and control app
- Continuous power output, per channel, 8Ω (AVR550)
- 2 channels driven, 20Hz – 20kHz, <0.02% THD - 110W
- 2 channels driven, 1kHz, 0.2% THD – 125W
- 7 channels driven, 1kHz, 0.2% THD – 90W
- Residual noise & hum (A-wtd) – <0.15mV
- Signal/noise ratio (A-wtd, stereo direct) – 110dB
- Frequency response – 20Hz—20kHz ± 0.1dB
- Video Inputs: HDMI – x7 (6 x HDMI2.0a, HDCP2.2, 1 x MHL compatible)
- Video Outputs: HDMI – Z1 x2 (out1 ARC, HDMI2.0a, HDCP2.2, out2 HDMI2.0a, HDCP2.2), Z2 x1 (HDMI2.0a, HDCP2.2)
- Audio Inputs: HDMI – x7, Coax SPDIF – x4, Toslink – x2, RCA Phono – x6, 3.5mm aux, USB input, Ethernet Client, Internet Radio, ARC (from display)
- Audio Outputs: 7.1.4 Pre-amp output – 12x RCA Phono, Zone 2 output – RCA Phono
- Radio Tuner: FM / DAB / DAB+ (in appropriate markets)
- Supported Surround Modes Include: Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete, DTS-ES 6.1 Matrix, DTS 5.1, DTS Neural:X, DTS Virtual:X, IMAX Enhanced
- 12V Trigger x2
- IR in x2
- 6V rSeries PSU x1
- Power consumption (max) – 1.5kW (approx. 5200 BTU/hour)
- Power consumption (standby) – <0.5W