The KEF R7 Meta is a three-way passive floorstanding loudspeaker.
This mid-sized floorstanding member of the R Series is as powerful as it is flexible. Its 12th generation Uni-Q driver array with MAT ensures a crystal-clear performance with music and movies alike, while its two hybrid aluminium bass drivers deliver accurate, dynamic bass.
Originally developed for the flagship KEF series The Reference, an entire suite of the latest technologies has now made its way into the new generation of the R Series. Whether in stereo for music or in a home theatre set up, the new R Series makes exceptional acoustic performance more accessible.
The R Series is engineered to be acoustically exceptional. Every element of the design has been precisely tuned to deliver more detail and deeper insight, recreating the exhilaration of hearing an original music performance, with all the emotion and nuance that goes with it.
R Series offers a choice of floorstanding speakers, bookshelf speakers, centre channel speakers and accompanying home theatre models. Each one offers the finest sound KEF has ever delivered in its category, whatever the dimensions of the room or system configuration.
Driven purely by acoustics, KEF believe there is a certain beauty even to the internal engineering fixings. The R Series has been created to be beautiful on the outside, and these finely tuned workings are protected behind a minimal exterior designed to fit seamlessly and elegantly into any interior scheme, whether traditional, modern or contemporary.
Now with the groundbreaking Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT™), the R Series reveals exquisite detail and incredible insight. Truly an experience to savour.
At the heart of the R Series is Metamaterial Absorption Technology. MAT is a highly complex maze-like structure that absorbs 99% of the unwanted noise from the rear of the driver, eliminating the resulting distortion and providing purer, more natural sound.
A 12th generation Uni-Q driver array with MAT is found in all seven models of the R Series. Uni-Q acts as a single point source to disperse sound more evenly through the room. The result is the elimination of the limited sweet spot, therefore allowing everybody, wherever in the room they may be, to experience and enjoy the same natural, detailed sound.
The R Series has been engineered to perform with or without grilles. The dedicated microfibre grilles are crafted from multiple layers of material and have a suede-like feel. With 1801 precision-cut holes for each driver, performance is ensured even when the drivers are covered. The magnetic fixings provide a secure and precise fit, in keeping with the clean styling of the R Series.
- Design: Three-way bass reflex
- Drive Units: Uni-Q Driver Array:
- HF: 25 mm (1 in.) vented aluminium dome with MAT
- MF: 125 mm (5 in.) aluminium cone
- LF: 2 x 165 mm (6.5 in.) hybrid aluminium cone
- Crossover Frequency: 400 Hz, 2.4 kHz
- Frequency Range (-6 dB): 33 Hz – 50 kHz
- In-Room Bass Response (-6 dB): 27 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 48 Hz – 28 kHz
- Harmonic Distortion (90 dB @ 1 m): <1 % 76 Hz and above, <0.5 % 110 Hz – 20 kHz
- Max Output: 111 dB
- Amplifier Requirements: 15 – 250 W
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms (min. 3.2 Ohmns)
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 88 dB
- Weight: 23.9 kg (per-speaker)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Terminal: 1062 x 200 x 384 mm
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Terminal + Plinth: 1109 x 311 x 384 mm
- Finishes: Black Gloss / White Gloss / Walnut / Titanium Gloss Special Edition
- R7 Meta.
- Microfibre grille.
- Plinth + spike accessories.
- Port bungs.
- User manual + warranty information.
Full KEF Audio Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are one of the oldest, longest-serving retail partners for KEF Audio, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products, included top-of-the-range Blade and Reference Seres models. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.
There are no reviews yet.