The twotwo series from PMC combines world-class design pedigree with sophisticated digital signal processing (DSP) plus active amplification to create a range of stunningly accurate, versatile, and compact two-way reference grade studio monitors.
The twotwo range comprises of three models (smallest to largest = twotwo.5, twotwo.6, twotwo.8), all designed and built in Britain using state-of-the-art technologies and components. The result is unrivalled level of clarity, transparency and accuracy for professional compact monitors.
All twotwo series models share the same core design and features, the model number referring only to the approximate size (in inches) of the bass driver, with larger numbers denoting increasing cabinet volume, greater bass extension and higher SPL capabilities.
A new feature to this compact range is the ability to operate in either vertical or horizontal orientations without compromising stereo imaging or tonal accuracy. This makes them ideal for nearfield monitoring of music and speech in situations where space is at a premium, such as outside broadcast vehicles, small radio on-air studios and television sound control galleries, project music studios, video editing and post-production suites and for A&R evaluations.
Although twotwo.5 is indeed the smallest member of the twotwo family, this ultra-compact nearfield model features the same technology as the siblings allowing it to perform way beyond expectation. Astonishing resolution and neutrality is provided by sophisticated DSP, dual power amplifiers, a 27mm PMC tweeter plus a 140mm (5.5") bass unit, all housed within a carefully specified ATL™ labyrinth cabinet.
- True compact reference monitors with ATL™ bass loading technology
- Class-leading connectivity, both analogue & digital up to 192kHz
- Cutting-edge, audiophile, high efficiency dual Class-D amplification
- Powerful DSP engine controlling driver response, crossover & EQ
- Versatile positioning, perfect in both vertical & horizontal orientation
- Precision drivers designed and built by PMC for dynamics & neutrality
- Available Finishes: PMC Blackblue Only
- Crossover Frequency: 1.8kHz
- Dimensions: H 296mm (11.7″), W 155mm (6.1″), D 295mm (11.7″)
- Drive Units: LF 140mm (5.5 inch), HF 27mm Soft Dome
- Effective ATL™ Length: 1.5m (4.92ft)
- Frequency Response: 50Hz – 25kHz
- Impedance: Input Impedance 20k Balanced
- Input Connectors: Balanced Analogue XLR, Unbalanced RCA/Phono, AES Digital XLR
- Sensitivity: Adjustable +4 to +15dBu
- Weight: 5.4kg (11.9lbs)