With its rigid, highly braced low-resonance cabinet, twotwo sub2 delivers greater headroom and a more extensive dynamic response than the smaller twotwo sub1.
The sub2 can be deployed in a 2.1 configuration for effortlessly extended sub-bass, or to reproduce the LFE channel in surround setups. An ideal choice when midfield performance levels are required in confined spaces, such as broadcast or post-production environments.
Featuring PMC’s unique ATL™ bass-loading technology, and DSP-based filtering and bass management to extend bass output with negligible harmonic distortion, this is a sub with 600W of built-in Class-D amplification, producing controlled, reference-quality sound over a dynamic range from whisper-quiet to levels you feel as well as hear.
The bespoke PMC-designed long-throw bass driver (a flat piston composed of a carbon-fibre/Nomex® sandwich) delivers unparalleled transient response, and potent performance for the speaker’s size when combined with the Advanced Transmission Line.
As well as the great sound and specification, there are a number of useful design features. Analogue and AES3 digital inputs are included, the latter accepting digital signals at sample rates from 32 – 192kHz.
Switching between the sources is carried out from the rear panel or the (optional) rc1 remote.
A single parametric EQ is provided to assist with in-room alignment, and the digital input is passed-through to the analogue and digital outputs, allowing sub2 to be used as a high-end digital-to-analogue converter if required.
- 600W Class-D Power Amplifier
- DSP-based Filtering
- Parametric EQ
- Bass Management
- Balanced Stereo Analogue & AE35 Digital Inputs
- ATL™ Advanced Transmission Line
- Digital Pass-Through
- Available Finishes: Blackblue
- Dimensions: H 510mm (20"), W 630mm (24.9"), D 377mm (14.8")
- Drive Units: LF 250mm (9.8")
- Effective ATL™ Length: 3m (9.8ft)
- Frequency Response: 25Hz – 500Hz
- Impedance: 20k BAL
- Input Connectors: 2x Balanced Analogue Left/Right XLR Female
- Sensitivity: 93dB SPL @ 1m (with Analogue i/p Sen @+12.5dB Vol @ 0dB, Input Level -10dBu)
- Weight: 40kg – 88.2lbs
- Amplifier Power per Channel: 600W RMS