Crafted for perfection, HD800S is precision-built in Germany from only the finest materials and components. The transducer is encased by stainless steel, while the headband and headphone mounting utilises the most advanced materials developed in the aerospace industry for high strength with minimal weight.
The striking industrial design combines form and function seamlessly, the layered metal and plastic headband construction attenuating vibrations to the ear cups while the handmade microfibre ear pads offer exceptional comfort for even long periods of listening enjoyment.
The enhanced sound reproduction of HD800S is achieved through innovative absorber technology originally pioneered in the Sennheiser IE 800; a breakthrough that preserved the audibility of very high frequency sounds by eliminating the masking effect, a phenomenon where the human ear struggles to hear frequencies of sound, when lower frequencies of a higher volume occur at the same time.
By absorbing the energy of the resonance, Sennheiser’s patented absorber technology prevents any unwanted peaks and allows all frequency components (even the finest nuances) in the music material to become audible.
Such enhancements build on the formidable achievements of the classic, including the 56mm sound transducer, the largest ever used in dynamic headphones. The unique ear cup design directs sound waves to the ear at a slight angle to create an impressively natural and spatial listening experience.
The silver finish of the 2009 HD800 now makes way for high-class matt black in the HD800S.
- Further optimised reference class wired headphones
- Open-back, circumaural dynamic stereo headphones
- Enhanced sound reproduction achieved through absorber technology
- Natural hearing experience, realistic and natural soundfield with minimal resonance
- Biggest transducers ever used in headphones, including new innovative dynamic transducer design
- Uncovered ear cups for enhanced acoustics
- Handcrafted ear pads, made of high-quality microfibre fabric
- Metal headband with an inner damping element
- High-class matte black metal parts
- Special high-precision headphone connectors
- Cable with 6.35 mm jack plug
- Cable with balanced 4.4 mm jack plug
- 2-year warranty
- Optional accessory: cable with balanced XLR-4 connector
- Color: Black
- Wearing Style: Headband
- Impedance: 300Ω
- Frequency Response: 4 – 51,000Hz (-10dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.02 % (1kHz 1 Vrms)
- Contact Pressure: c3,4N (±0,3N)
- Ear Coupling: Circumaural
- Jack Plug: 6.35mm / 4.4mm / XLR-4 (optional)
- Cable Length: 3m
- Transducer Principle: Dynamic, Open-Back
- Weight: 330g (without cable)
Full Sennheiser Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are an official retail partner for Sennheiser, and can supply their complete range of headphones, earphones and spare parts too.
These can all be ordered online via Audio Sanctuary, our dedicated mail-order headphones & portable audio company, however we would love you to visit us and audition the superb Sennheiser range instore.