Debut Carbon Esprit SB (DC)
The Debut Carbon Esprit SB (DC) from Pro-Ject Audio Systems brings all the benefits of their popular Debut Carbon (DC) model but adds an electronic speed change and an acrylic platter. It is the perfect turntable to listen to LPs and singles, and also 78 rpm shellac records too.
The most obvious improvement is the inclusion of a carbon tube for the tonearm, which increases stiffness and decreases unwanted resonance. Together with other improvements like an increase in platter size and weight to deliver even smoother rotation, the overall sound quality is greatly improved.
The approved belt drive design offers a low noise AC motor with effective motor decoupling (utilising TPE-damping) and ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator (like the Speed Box) for ultimate speed stability without unwanted vibration.
The acrylic platter gives the sound a natural liveliness, free from discolouration and resonance. This design removes the need for an additional felt mat between the record and the platter.
The included Phono RCA cable, (Connect-It E), is a high-quality semi-balanced interconnect cable with gold-plated RCA connectors that guarantees the perfect connection.
- Plays 33, 45 & 78rpm out of the box
- Built-in precision Speed Box with switch on upper side
- 8.6" carbon tonearm
- Heavy non-resonant acrylic platter
- New DC power supply with synchronous AC motor
- New TPE motor suspension
- Magnetic cartridge 2M red from Ortofon
- For 78 playback: remove stylus & exchange to 2M78 (not included)
- High-gloss black, red, white piano lacquer finish or matt-walnut wood finish
- Dust cover included
- Debut Carbon Esprit SB (DC) with Ortofon 2M Red
- Power supply
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7" singles
- Connect-It E RCA Cable
- Speed: 33 / 45 / 78 (electronic/manual speed change)
- Drive Principle: Belt Drive
- Platter: 300mm acrylic platter
- Mains Bearing: Stainless steel
- Wow & Flutter: +/- 0.19%
- Speed Drift: +/- 0.60%
- Signal-To-Noise: 68dB
- Tonearm: 8.6", Carbon
- Effective Arm Length: 218.5mm
- Effective Arm Mass: 6.0g
- Overhang: 18.5mm
- Tracking Force: 10 – 30mN
- Included Accessories: 15V DC / 1,6A power supply, dust cover
- Power Connection: 110/120 or 230/240V – 50 or 60 Hz
- power Consumption: 7.4W max / < 0.5W standby
- Dimensions: 415 x 118 x 320mm (WxHxD) lid closed
- Weight: 4.9kg net
Full Pro-Ject Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Pro-Ject Audio Systems, and can offer advice, assistance, purchase and aftercare options for all models in their range. Do get in touch if you would like to audition one of their excellent products.