On their own, MR1 MK2 provides the foundation of a complete music system and with a turntable you can be part of the vinyl revival. Also with their super high quality aptX Bluetooth receiver, you can wirelessly stream your music to MR1 with CD quality sound.
Custom loudspeaker units deliver sound performance that belies MR1s compact dimensions. Both the tweeter and bass units feature powerful neodymium motor systems which provide greater magnetic concentration, for better driver control, in a lightweight and fully magnetically shielded system.
MR1 MK2 features a linear Class A-B amplifier with a quality switch mode power supply. Linear amplifiers are used in the world’s best audio equipment and in our opinion still offer superior performance when compared to new style digital amplifiers, which often sound unrefined in comparison. Linear amplification is another reason why MR1 sounds so good.
MR1 MK2 features a control system which is slick and intuitive to use, allowing input and volume to be quickly changed, with pin-point LEDs indicating system status and source. In addition, source, volume and functions can be operated and set from the comfort of your chair with the supplied compact remote control.
Featuring both an analogue and optical digital input allows auxiliary devices to be easily connected. In particular MR1 MK2 is an excellent addition to improve the sound of modern flat panel TVs as the optical input provides the perfect connection point. MR1 also features a dedicated subwoofer output allowing an active subwoofer to be connected for extra dynamics in music and awesome movie sound.
Bluetooth’s ease of use has made it the foremost method for wireless audio streaming, working with virtually all devices and leading music services such as Spotify, Apple and Amazon Music. MR1 MK2 with its high quality aptX Bluetooth receiver allows you to enjoy this technology at its very best with CD quality sound.
MR1 MK2 connects to all popular voice-controlled devices from companies such as Amazon and Google. These are interesting technologies, but deciding which may be right for you and which will stand the test of time can be daunting. This is a key reason why all Ruark Audio products incorporate Bluetooth and auxiliary inputs, so devices such as these can easily be connected and enjoyed with our products class leading sound. Also when technology changes (which it is bound to) then it is easy for you to upgrade and change as required.
- Class leading sound quality.
- Hand crafted bass reflex tuned and damped enclosures.
- Audio-grade components throughout
- Loudness function provides enhanced sound at low volume levels
- Auto mono operation (can also be used as a single unit)
- Built-in high quality Bluetooth Audio receiver with aptX provides CD quality sound with compatible devices.
- Intuitive control system
- Pin-point LEDs show system status and source
- Compact infrared remote control included
- Auto Mono (for use as a single speaker when needed)
- Snooze mode for auto-standby and wake-up
- Available in Rich Walnut veneer or Soft Grey lacquer, both with lead grey fabric grille.
- Ruark Audio long-throw 75 mm woofer with powerful neodymium magnet system.
- Ruark Audio 20 mm treated textile dome tweeter with neodymium magnet system.
- Linear Class A-B Amplifier, 20 watts nominal output
- 2 m quality braided speaker interconnect
- Inserts on rear panel (1/4-20 UNC thread) for wall-mount brackets
- Digital optical TOSLINK input with adjustable attenuation
- Output for active subwoofer
- Line-in audio input with switchable attenuation
- 100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz input, 14 V DC 2.0 A output
- 0.5 W standby power
- Automatic standby after 20 mins, see user guide for more details.
- Dimensions: H 170 × W 130 × D 135 mm (each)
- Weight: 3.5 kg (per-pair)
Full Ruark Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Ruark Audio, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.