It was back in the year 2008 that T+A introduced the first Caruso, and within a very short time the device won numerous prizes, gaining absolute cult status due to its unique overall design. In 2020 a new generation of the Caruso appeared, and this constituted the greatest advance yet in the history of these devices: the new version represented a completely new development – both externally and in technical terms. Although its heritage remains clear, the new Caruso epitomised the transformation of the machine from an all-in-one device to a series of individual products.
The Caruso R continues the theme of the Caruso in a logical manner, and this is the key to its pleasantly familiar look. The T+A Aluminium Framework provides great precision and physical strength, while its external dimensions hark back to the first Caruso of 2008. The new 7-inch HD screen effectively extends the Caruso R, and gives it a look of restrained elegance even without loudspeakers.
The connection area on the back panel is an impressive reflection of the Caruso R’s versatile nature. From the first day of its development programme the Caruso R was intended to be the centrepiece of a versatile, high-quality Hi-Fi system. One key feature of this was the requirement for a wide-ranging array of sources, as sources should not represent a restriction: analogue and digital inputs cover every conceivable need from turntable with phono pre-amplifier to TVs and set-top boxes. USB inputs cater for mobile and network sources, while LAN, WLAN and Bluetooth sockets are also available, their signals converted by the SC 100 – the T+A streaming client. The Caruso is our first product to exploit SC 100, which provides access to services such as Gracenote Music ID, Airable Music Services, Spotify Connect, Apple AirPlay and Amazon Music via Alexa. The capabilities of the Internet are no longer just used – they are raised to a new level.
- Amplifiers: 200 Watts continuous, 300 Watts peak
- Inputs: Analogue, Digital, USB, LAN, WLAN
- Outputs: Pre Out, Sub Out, headphones, loudspeaker
- Music Services: Tidal, Deezer, qobuz. Airplay 2, Spotify Connect
- CD Player: Multi format CD text
- Radios: FM, DAB+, Internet Radio
- Bluetooth: Bi-directional sink + source
- Features: Gracenote Music ID Services, Airplay 2, Amazon Alexa
- CD Formats / Frequency Response: CD-DA (12 cm), CD-R*, CD-RW*, Audio CD, MPEG 1 Layer 3 (MP3), Windows Media Audio (WMA, DRM not supported) / 2 Hz – 20 kHz / 100 dB / CD-Text.
- Streaming Formats: MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, WAV, ALAC
- Services: Tidal, Deezer, Amazon Music, qobuz, Spotify Connect (subscription required), DLNA
- Interfaces: LAN Fast Ethernet 10/100 Base-T, WLAN 802.11 b/g/n
- USB: 1 x USB 2,0 Mastermode
- Bluetooth Standards / Codecs: A2DP 1.2 (Audio), AVRCP 1.4 (Control) / aptX®, MP3, AAC, SBC, Bi-directional sink + source
- Internet Radio: Airable Internet Radio Service (> 11000 stations worldwide)
- FM: 87.5 – 108 MHz; sensitivity 1 µV; S/N > 65 dBA
- DAB+: 168-240 MHz (band III), sensitivity 2.0 µV, S/N > 96 dBA
- Features: RDS/RDBS, station name (PS), station logo, radiotext (TR)
- Amplifier Output: 4 Ohms 2 x 100 W, 8 Ohms 2 x 50 W
- Peak Output: 4 Ohms 2 x 150 W, 8 Ohms 2 x 75 W
- Distortion: < 0,02 %
- Inputs: 2 x AUX (RCA) 2 Veff max, 1 x USB 2.0 Mastermode, SP/DIF: 1 x Coaxial (192 kSps), 1 x TOS-Link (96 kSps), 2 x LAN (1 x uplink, 1 x out)
- Outputs: Pre-Amp (RCA) 2 Veff, subwoofer (RCA), Headphone 32 Ohm, 30 mW (3.5 mm jack)
- Sound Management: 2 channel stereo system with DSP controlled sound characteristics.
- Mains Supply: 100-127 V, 220 – 240V, 50-60 Hz
- Power Consumption: Max 300 W, Eco standby < 0.5 W, Comfort standby 5 W
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 21 x 29 x 29 cm
- Weight: 7.5 kg
- Accessories: Remote control, power cord, USB cable for charging RC, antenna Bluetooth, antenna WLAN, telescopic antenna radio
- Finishes: Case aluminium black 42, top / bottom covers aluminium silver 43
Full T+A Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for T+A, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.