Smaller, high quality loudspeakers have now become very popular, being less of an eyesore whilst reproducing some quite respectable sound quality.
Although Response DB3 has a similar cabinet size to the Response DB1, there are structural and visual differences to the cabinet. DB3 also employs a new bass driver and crossover which have been chosen for their exceptional performance with a more affordable price.
A newly designed bass driver, with a special surround and dust cap allows extra information from the voice coil, giving a smoother transition of frequencies to the one inch dome tweeter.
The crossover has been designed to allow the new bass driver to seamlessly mate with the tweeter, delivering quality sound exactly as you would expect from ProAc – very natural with an excellent detailed, sweet high frequency and exceptional sound stage.
New Bass Driver
Responsible for the remarkable bass extension, this new bass driver features a long-throw design with a raised spider and linear motor system.
The same ProAc one-inch soft dome used in many other designs. This one inch silk dome has a superbly flat response with electrostatic-type detail, and surprising sweetness.
The Response DB3 cabinet is made from a heavily damped, thin-wall rigid birch ply carcass, with a 25mm back panel.
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms.
- Recommended Amplifiers: 20 to 100 Watts.
- Frequency Response: 38Hz to 30kHz.
- Sensitivity: 88.5dB linear for 1W at 1M.
- Bass/Midrange Drivers: ProAc 5" long-throw unit, with mikapulp cone and transparent dust cap.
- Tweeter: ProAc 1" silk dome with special coolant
- Crossover: Finest components on dedicated circuit board. Multistrand oxygen free copper cable throughout. Split for optional Bi-Wiring or Bi-Amplification.
- Grille: Acoustically transparent crimplene.
- Mode: Stand-mounted.
Response DB3 is shown above in Silk White finish. Please note that all natural wood finishes may vary in grain and shade.
However, ProAc do not currently supply images of their loudspeakers in ALL available finishes, so we have created these swatches to help illustrate the possibilities of their range.
DB3 loudspeakers are available in the following standard finishes:
At extra cost, the following premium finishes are also available:
There are no reviews yet.