Bass is the foundation of music. It is the element that makes you feel the rhythm, the groove, and the emotion of a song. Bass can make your heart beat faster, your body move, and your mood change. Whether you listen to rock, pop, hip hop, jazz, or classical music, clean and extended bass adds a new dimension to musical enjoyment and that’s why Ruark Audio have developed the RS1 Subwoofer.
The enjoyment of music is at the core of all Ruark designs. RS1 is not about thunderous, overblown bass, but about deep, controlled, and most importantly a musical sound. To achieve this, the enclosure and custom drivers have been optimised and tuned to deliver natural extended bass, that is fast and rhythmic.
Driving the system is a powerful 100-watt Class D amplifier. This new generation amplifier keeps firm control of the bass driver at all volume levels with headroom to spare, although soft clipping is built in should the system ever be overloaded to avoid damage.
Setup and adjustment is straightforward and with auto-on/standby, RS1 will automatically turn itself on and off as required.
The reason for the development of RS1 was due to the demand from customers. Many requested a companion sub for the award winning Ruark MR1 Bluetooth speakers.
Ruark also saw that there was a need for a subwoofer with style. Where many subs look unattractive in a domestic environment, the tailored grille and hand-crafted wood panels of RS1 means it fits seamlessly with other furnishings, making it a product that can be proudly displayed.
- Deep, controlled and musical sound.
- Natural extended bass.
- Elegant design.
- 100 watt Class D amplifier.
- Auto-on/standby feature.
- Compatible with R3S, MR1 and R410.
- Frequency Response: 25 Hz – 200 Hz.
- Cabinet: Tuned passive radiator enclosure.
- Drivers: 170 mm treated fibre long-throw active driver, 170 mm passive radiator.
- Amplifier: 100 W RMS Class-D with soft clipping filter.
- Adjustable crossover 50 Hz – 180 Hz.
- Input / Volume level control.
- 180° phase switch.
- Input: Mono RCA input (up to 2.3 V RMS)
- Finish: Lead Grey cabinet cloth, Rich Walnut top / bottom panels.
- Product Compatibility: MR1, R3S, R410 models or any other active speaker or amplifier with subwoofer or pre-out phono connectors.
- Power Consumption: 0.5 W standby / 2.0 W idle.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 300 × 250 × 265 mm (inc. feet and controls)
- Weight: 6.7 kg
- RS1 Subwoofer.
- Mains Cable.
- RCA Interconnect Cable 1.5 m.
- Quick Start Guide.
Full Ruark Audio Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Ruark Audio, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.