SRM-006tS (Kimik Edition)
Another excellent electrostatic energiser (amplifier) from STAX Audio, which has undergone limited edition Kimik modifications.
The Kimik 2 modified SRM-006tS energiser is fitted with precisely matched, cryogenically treated 6FQ7 vacuum tubes, along with Bermuda Audio Tuning 2-ring dampers. A Synergistic Research Red audio-grade fuse is also added. After retrofitting, SRM-006tS then undergoes seven days of run-in and full adjustment, prior to customer use.
High-voltage dual triode 6FQ7 / 6CG7 vacuum tubes are employed in the output stage of the SRM-006tS. The great-sounding rich mid-range and low-range tonal quality polishes all genres from vocal to orchestra, enabling you to enjoy music over a long period of time.
The balanced input XLR terminal, along with the custom-made double axis 4-gang volume controller enabled a full-balanced operation, from input to sound element driver.
High-quality relays are placed close to the input terminal to ensure the shortest signal path, and mutual interference is eliminated by switching the hot/cold side of the signal simultaneously. Three lines of inputs are equipped including a XLR terminal, and one of the RCA input terminals functions as a parallel-out, directly mirroring the incoming signal.
- Frequency response: DC-80kHz / +0, -3dB (using x1 SR-404 unit)
- Rated input level: 100mV / 100V Outputs
- Maximum input level: 30V RMS at minimum volume
- Amplification: 60dB (x1000)
- Total harmonic distortion: Max 0.02% at 1kHz 100V RMS. (using x1 SR-404 unit)
- Input impedance: 50KΩ / XLR balance 50KΩ ×2
- Number of inputs: RCA×2, XLR×1 (balanced)
- Maximum output voltage: 300V RMS / 1 KHz
- Standard bias voltage: DC 580V
- Power voltage: 120-240V ±10%, 50-60 Hz (adjusted for your area)
- Power consumption: 49W
- Temperature range: For use between 0°C and 35°C, Max 90% (no condensation)
- External dimensions (mm): 195W x 103H x 375D (including VR knob and pin jack)
- Weight: 3.4Kg
- Vacuum tubes: 6FQ7/6CG7 type x2