As an entry point to the AURALiC ecosystem, Altair G1 offers a comprehensive number of features and functions.
Music can be sourced from virtually any source, including locally stored files, internet radio, Airplay™, Bluetooth, USB drive, an (optional) integrated hard drive, or a playlist of favourites from subscription-based streaming services including Qobuz or TIDAL.
Control is via either the proprietary Lightning DS app, or the manual intuitive control on the front panel. All functions are clearly shown on the high-resolution 4-inch colour display.
Altair G1 delivers high performance in a wide variety of system configurations. Digital COAX, TOSLINK and AES/EBU inputs, plus single-ended RCA and balanced XLR outputs allow multiple connections to the unit. Also included is a front panel stereo headphone output should a dedicated high-powered headphone amplifier be required.
In keeping with this new generation of AURALiC products, Altair G1 features a 4-inch true colour in-plane switching display, with a resolution of over 300ppi. This provides complete operational feedback for playback status, configuration settings, and a full library view for browsing your collection.
Designed for ease of use, crystal-clear sound and a highly flexible system configuration, Altair G1 brings high-performance, cutting-edge technology, and incredible value to any high-fidelity music system.
Harnessing the power of a Tesla G2 processor, Altair G1 manages serving, streaming, decoding or playback with equal ease. DXD upsampling features as standard and an extensive range of DSP filters provide broad choices to suit personal preferences.
The network streaming functionality is well-proven in terms of ease of operation and excellent sound quality. Networking capability operates at up to 32-bit, 384khz and DSD512, supporting all major lossless codecs, DSD in DoP format and native DSD.
Altair G1 offers nearly universal connectivity for access to all your digital sources. Tri-band Wi-Fi and Ethernet open your system to UPnP/DLNA media servers, shared network folders, high-resolution Internet Services, and Internet Radio, as well as RoonReady, Bluetooth, AirPlay, and SongCast control.
- Dual 72fs Femto Clock
- 1GB Memory Cache
- Flexible Filter Mode
- Smart-IR Control
- Frequency Response: 20 – 20KHz, +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: < 0.0002% (XLR); < 0.0003% (RCA), 20Hz-20KHz at 0dBFS
- Dynamic Range: 124dB, 20Hz-20KHz, A-weighted
- Lossless Streaming File Formats: AIFF, ALAC, APE, DIFF, DSF, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WV
- Lossy Streaming File Format: AAC, MP3, MQA and WMA
- PCM Sampling Rate: 44.1KHz to 384KHz in 32Bit
- DSD Sampling Rate: DSD64(2.8224MHz), DSD128(5.6448MHz), DSD256(11.2896MHz), DSD512(22.57892MHz)
- Control Software, AURALiC Lightning DS for iOS, AURALiC Lightning DS for web browser (device setting only), OpenHome compatible control software (BubbleUPnP, Kazoo), Roon (Roon Core required separately)
- Digital Inputs: AES/EBU, Coaxial, Toslink, USB Audio
- Streaming Inputs: Network shared folder, USB Drive, Optional Internal Storage, UPnP/DLNA Media Server, native TIDAL and Qobuz Sublime+ streaming, Internet Radio, AirPlay, Bluetooth, Songcast, RoonReady
- Balanced Audio Output: XLR (2.2Vrms at 0dBFS, output impedance 10ohm)
- Unbalanced Audio Output: RCA (2.2Vrms at 0dBFS, output impedance 50ohm)
- Headphone Output: 6.35mm Headphone Jack (output impedance 5ohm)
- Wired Network: Gigabit Ethernet
- Wireless Network: 802.11b/g/n/ac Tri-Band WiFi
- Power Consumption: Playback: 50W at max.
- Finish: Anodized aluminium case in matte black