705 Series 2
Experience the detail with the top-performing stand mount speaker in the 700 Series range. The two-way 705 S2 features studio-inspired technologies, for immaculate sound quality.
Carbon Dome tweeters deliver sharp details, a brand new technology purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminium double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Voices and instruments are delivered with purity and precision, thanks to the smooth, accurate Continuum™ cone mid/bass driver.
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Continuum™ cone bass / midrange
- Model: 705 S2
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Drive units: 1x 25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency, 1x 165mm (6.5 in) Continuum cone bass / midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency response: 50Hz – 28kHz ±3dB
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m), <1% 100Hz – 22kHz, <0.5% 150Hz – 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.7Ω)
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W-120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Dimensions: Height: 340mm (13.4 in) cabinet only 407mm (16 in) including tweeter / Width: 200mm (7.8 in) cabinet only / Depth: 285mm (11.2 in) cabinet only 301mm (11.9 in) inc. grille and terminals.
- Net weight: 9.3kg (20.5 lb)
- Cabinet finishes: Gloss Black, Satin White, Rosenut
- Grille finishes: Black (on Gloss Black & Rosenut), Grey (on Satin White only)