707 Series 2
With a classic, pure and simple concept, 707 S2’s two-way design delivers sound that feels taut and remarkably cohesive. That is down to purity of components, including a Continuum™ cone bass/midrange driver and a Carbon Dome tweeter.
Carbon Dome tweeters deliver sharp details, a brand new technology purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminium double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Voices and instruments are delivered with purity and precision, thanks to the smooth, accurate Continuum™ cone bass / midrange driver.
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Continuum™ cone bass / midrange
- Model: 707 S2
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Drive units: 1x 25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency, 1x 130mm (5 in) Continuum cone bass / midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency response: 50Hz – 28kHz ±3dB
- Sensitivity: 84dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m), <1% 110Hz – 22kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 4Ω)
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W-100W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Dimensions: Height: 280mm (11 in) / Width: 165mm (6.5 in) / Depth: 260mm (10.2 in) cabinet only 276mm (10.9 in) inc. grille and terminals.
- Net weight: 6.0kg (13.2 lb)
- Cabinet finishes: Gloss Black, Satin White, Rosenut
- Grille finishes: Black (on Gloss Black & Rosenut), Grey (on Satin White only)