HTM71 Series 2
Designed to be paired with larger speakers in the B&W 700 Series range, this three-way centre channel speaker delivers unprecedented power and transparency, for totally convincing voice reproduction and uncompromising performance.
Carbon Dome tweeters deliver sharp details, a brand new technology purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminium double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Voices and instruments are delivered with purity and precision, thanks to the smooth, accurate Continuum™ cone midrange driver.
Developed using advanced computer modelling techniques, the Aerofoil™ Profile bass cone has variable thickness, providing stiffness and rigidity where it’s needed most, resulting in deep and dynamic bass. A triumph of science.
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Continuum™ cone FST midrange
- Aerofoil™ Profile bass cones
- Model: HTM71 S2
- Description: 3-way vented-box system
- Drive units: 1x 25mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency, 1x 100mm (4 in) Continuum cone FST midrange, 2x 165mm (6.5 in) Aerofoil profile bass
- Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency response: 50Hz – 28kHz ±3dB
- Sensitivity: 89dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m), <1% 90Hz – 22kHz, <0.5% 120Hz – 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.0Ω)
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W-100W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Dimensions: Height: 225mm (8.6 in) / Width: 590mm (23.2 in) / Depth: 285mm (11.2 in) cabinet only 301mm (11.9 in) inc. grille and terminals.
- Net weight: 18.3kg (39.7 lb)
- Cabinet finishes: Gloss Black, Satin White, Rosenut
- Grille finishes: Black (on Gloss Black & Rosenut), Grey (on Satin White only)