Ultima Pre 3
Built from the ground up, the ULTIMA PRE 3 by Chord Electronics takes advantage of the very latest developments in advanced low-distortion power supplies. These advanced devices offer exceptionally low noise and outstanding amplifier operation. Coupled with our latest design developments, the PRE 3 offers new levels of preamplifier performance.
The ULTIMA PRE 3 is equipped with five analogue inputs (two balanced + three unbalanced) all of which benefit from individual buffering and are selectively filtered against potential ingress from radio frequency interference.
Externally, the PRE 3 benefits from a completely redesigned aesthetic with a central circular power sphere flanked by a new volume control and balance/AV bypass selector, both of which benefit from a new ergonomic knob design.
Additional features include an AV bypass, plus a 5 V charging USB Type-A port.
- Ground-up design inside and out, utilising the latest amplification technology and circuitry.
- Five inputs (XLR / RCA), two fully balanced and three unbalanced inputs for wide-ranging flexibility.
- AV bypass to route signals directly to the preamp’s output, bypassing volume control.
- Customisable with Integra legs or piano black acrylic side blocks.
- Inputs: 2 x Stereo Balanced XLR, 3 x Stereo Unbalanced RCA
- Outputs: 1 x Stereo XLR, 1 x Stereo RCA, 1 x 5 V charging USB Type-A port
- 1x Stereo Balanced XLR AV Bypass Input
- 1 x 12 V Trigger Output / Input
- Frequency response: 10 Hz-200 kHz +/- 3 dB
- THD: 0.002 % 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Signal to noise ratio: -105 dB on all inputs
- Input impedance: 100 kΩ
- Output impedance: 560 Ω
- Input maximum voltage: 10 V RMS
- Output maximum voltage: 17 V RMS
- Gain: x1
- Channel separation: 100 dB
- Operation voltage: 80-250 V AC auto-switching
- Power consumption: 40 W
- Dimensions: 485 x 355 x 130 mm (WxDxH, with legs)
- Weight: 12.7 kg
Full Chord Electronics Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are long-term official retail partners for Chord Electronics, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.