Drawing on design elements of the classic PM-10, the PM-12SE is built to leverage enhancements, maintain the purest possible sound and support the power needed to drive the most demanding speakers.
The amplifier output stage of the PM-12SE allows a large power output, delivering 2x100W into an 8ohm load, and easily copes with high-impedance speakers thanks to a 2x200W output into 4ohms. The amplifier module connects directly to the rear panel PCB on the PM-12SE to maintain signal purity and sound stability.
The PM-12SE circuitry offers the cleanest signal path through an amplifier, which delivers 100W per channel into 8ohm speakers, or 200W per-channel into 4ohm. Plus it is equipped with high-quality nickel-plated copper input terminals, and high-purity copper speaker connections too.
Extensive and painstaking tuning has long been the secret of fine sounding Marantz amplifiers. For the PM-12SE, their engineering team used all their experience and expertise, both in the design of the amplifier and in the long listening sessions involved in finalizing the sound. The team didn’t stop their intensive work until they were absolutely certain they reached the height of quality worthy of the Marantz name.
Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards called Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, to replace the chip-based amps used elsewhere. Using discrete surface mount components with short mirror-image left and right signal paths, HDAMs outperform the regular integrated Op-amps dramatically in Slew Rate and noise level. The result is much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound.
Over the years, Marantz has developed different HDAMs to fit the particular requirements of players and amplifiers. The PM-12SE uses the latest high-grade SA3 version. Combined with optimized circuit design layout and carefully selected components, the PM-12SE provides exceptional sound quality and performance.
Marantz Special Editions
Special Editions are the Marantz way to celebrate the love of music that runs deep in the veins of sound masters and engineers, exhibited in the artistry and craftsmanship of those special components.
Marantz Sound Masters will occasionally identify a product with a higher potential than expected and master it with extra unwavering attention to detail, component selection and listening sessions. The original PM-12 was solely created for the Japanese market, and quickly proved to be the next chosen one. European sound engineers combined it with achievements made developing the famous PM-KI Ruby, and thus the PM-12 Special Edition was born.
- Engineered and extensively tuned by a team, drawing on more than 65 years of Marantz amplifier design knowledge.
- Marantz high-resolution preamplifier stage with proprietary HDAM technology.
- Switching power amplifier design derived from flagship PM-10 amplifier.
- Generous output: 100W + 100W (into 8ohm), 200W + 200W (4ohm)
- Fully-discrete, two-stage design for signal purity, with separate power supplies for preamp and power amplifier sections to reduce interference.
- Toroidal transformer dedicated to preamp for clarity and powerful sound.
- Current feedback design with newly-developed wide-range circuitry.
- HDAM® SA3 circuitry for clean signal and optimal dynamics.
- MM/MC Phono input with new discrete Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ circuit.
- Thick nickel-plated copper independent input terminals for CD and Phono, plus Marantz-original high-quality/high-purity copper-plated speaker terminals.
- Linear volume control with new electric volume system.
- High-quality construction with double-layer chassis and solid aluminium front.
- Purest Mode deactivates unused circuits for best audio performance.
- High-grade, carefully selected audio parts: ultra-low leak current Schottky diodes, low noise complementary transistors, high-grade resistors, newly developed custom electrolytic capacitors, audio grade film capacitors and mica capacitors.
- Power Output (8 / 4 Ohm RMS): 100 W / 200 W
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz-50kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Damping Factor: 500
- Input Sensitivity: MM – 2.3 mV / 39 kohm / MC – 250 mV / 100 ohm
- Signal to Noise Ratio MM / MC: 88 / 75 dB
- Input Sensitivity, High level: 220 mV / 13 kohm
- Signal to Noise Ratio, High level: 107 dB(2V input/Rated output)
- Linear Drive Power Supply: Yes, Pre-Amp
- Linear volume control: Yes
- Bi-Amp and Multichannel option: Yes
- Audio Inputs: 6
- Phono Input: MM / MC
- Audio Outputs: 2
- Power Amp Direct In: Yes
- Gold Plated Cinch: Yes
- Speaker Terminals: Marantz SPKT-100+
- Number of terminals: 2
- D-Bus: Yes
- Floating Control Bus (3.5 mm mono jack x 2): Yes
- Headphone Out: Yes
- Metal Front Panel: Yes
- Power Consumption: 130W
- Standby Consumption: 0.2W
- Auto Power-Off: Yes
- Detachable Power Cable: Yes
- Remote Control: RC005PMSA
- System Remote Function: Yes
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H): 440 x 453 x 123mm
- Weight: 15.3kg
- Carton Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H): 557 x 536 x 243mm
- Carton Weight (inc. product): 18.4kg
Full Marantz Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are premium partners for Marantz, offering sales and aftercare service on all models. Do get in touch if you require advice or assistance on their range.