MB is the mid-sized model in the SE range and delivers all the emotion and clarity of the IB2 with the ability to resolve even greater bass detail; it can produce low-frequency audio down to a staggering 20 Hz with ease.
The radically engineered Radial™ bass unit with its immense exoskeleton offers excellent physical and thermal stability; the cone has a perfect rigid structure, permitting enormous excursions, and the exposed fins act as a heat sink, keeping the coil cool at all times.
With passive loudspeakers, the choice of amplification is left up to the end user. If you already have a favoured amplifier, this may be the route to take; with a supreme-quality amplifier, you are guaranteed superb performance. Much of this is due to the careful design of PMC speakers passive crossovers, which divide the incoming audio signal into the frequency bands best suited to each driver with absolute precision and transparency.
The calibre of a crossover has a powerful influence on the overall sound quality of a loudspeaker; unsurprisingly, PMC allow no compromises in either the design or construction standards. The passive crossover’s foundation is its military-grade, glass-fibre board with the thickest possible conductive copper tracks, which keep resistance low and maximise power delivery to the drive units. Components are matched and selected following careful listening tests, and hand-soldered to guarantee the best possible sound quality and reliability. The layout of the board is carefully chosen to prevent unwanted interactions between components.
The source of PMC’s legendary natural, realistic sound is the Advanced Transmission Line (ATL) bass-loading technology, professionally proven all around the world. ATL uses energy generated by the bass unit in a much more intelligent, efficient way than speaker designs based on ported or sealed boxes.
A dedicated MB2-C SE centre channel is also available.
- Available Finishes: SE Grand Walnut, SE Amarone, SE Natural Oak, SE Jet Black
- Crossover Frequency: 380 Hz – 3.8 kHz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 870 x 380 x 535 mm (Stand 377 +50 spikes x 374 x 502 mm)
- Drive Units:
- LF – PMC 310 mm (12-inch) Radial™ Driver
- HF – 27 mm SONOLEX™ soft dome Ferrofluid cooled
- MF – PMC 75 SE 75 mm soft dome
- Effective ATL™ Length: 3 m
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 25 kHz
- Impedance:8 Ohm nominal
- Input Connectors: 3 pairs 4 mm sockets (tri-amp or tri-wire)
- Recommended Amp Power: 10 – 500 W
- Recommended Drive Unit Torque Settings: HF 0.6 Nm / MF 1.0 Nm / LF 3.0 Nm
- Weight: 58 kg (Stand 17 kg)
All PMC SE Series Loudspeakers are available in the following four finishes:
Full PMC Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are longstanding official retail partners for PMC, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration, need some advice, or simply wish to purchase.