The SRM-252S from STAX Audio is an exclusive driver unit (amplifier) for driving STAX earspeakers with PRO-bias 5-pin connections. With a clear, simple design that excels in sound quality, SRM-252S employs carefully-selected late-model high-voltage transistors and low-noise FETs.
Class-A amplification with no coupling capacitors allows for the finest reproduction of each nuance of the music.
Although the SRM-252S includes a class-A DC amplifier in a compact case, the internal heat is effectively dissipated through the aluminium chassis, improving reliability and longevity.
The line input of SRM-252S can directly connect to the audio output of CD players, portable audio players and computers, whilst the output stage with emitter-follower configuration reinforces the driving performance and smooth sound quality.
A parallel output terminal has also been added, distributing the source signal. This means that a loudspeaker may be simultaneously connected when your source equipment has only one pair of output terminals.
- Frequency response: DC 35kHz (40V RMS output SR-207, when using one unit)
- Rated input level: 125mV with 100V output
- Maximum input level: 30V RMS with volume at minimum setting
- Amplification: 58dB (x800)
- Total harmonic distortion: max. 0.01% (1 kHz / during 100V RMS output)
- Input impedance: 50kΩ (RCA)
- Maximum output voltage: 280V RMS / 1kHz
- Standard bias voltage: DC580V (PRO-bias)
- Power consumption: DC12V / 4W – AC adaptor included
- Temperature range for use: Between 0°C and 35°C, max. 90% (no condensation)
- External dimensions: 132 (W) × 38 (H) × 132 (D) mm
- Weight: 540g