The first headphone amplifier made by T+A is a new and ground-breaking development in which the analogue amplifier section, the converter section and also the case mechanics operate together with perfection.
HA 200 has been designed in every respect with no hint of compromise and without regard to cost. The company had only one goal in mind: musical reproduction to the very highest standard of perfection.
The analogue section is based on unique T+A HV technology. Its high-performance output stages operate in Class-A mode with a high idle current, and are effortlessly capable of driving even the most difficult of headphones.
The impedance of the three headphone outputs can even be matched to the headphones in use and the individual sound ideas – plus a cross-feed function for creating a sound stage image positioned in front of the head is available on request. The high-quality mains sections – one digital, one analogue with two separate toroidal transformers – provide very generous reserves of power.
The digital section is fitted with proprietary T+A True 1-Bit digital / analogue converter, which provides an incredible DSD 1024 for Bitstream, and also the T+A quadruple converter with 32 Bit / 768 kHz for PCM. Like all current T+A DACs the HA 200 also features a sophisticated and completely separate decoder architecture for DSD and PCM, ensuring that all digital formats are decoded to the finest standards.
HA 200 is significantly larger and heavier than other headphone amplifiers, but this is not surprising given it contains more than 2300 components and sophisticated HV technology. All the case components are produced from non-magnetic aluminium, and the front panel is machined from solid plate material – just like the HV series.
Accurate QPPM metering instruments and a large screen supply important system information, and provide an accurate indication of operating conditions. The FM8 IR remote control controls all functions of the HA 200.
- Frequency Response: +0 / −3dB, D0, 1Hz – 200kHz
- Signal / Noise Ratio: 110 / 114dB
- THD / Intermodulation: < 0.001% / < 0.001%
- Channel Separation: > 108dB
- Class A Separation: up to 700mA
- Volume Control: Relay controlled in 1dB steps, -90dB to 0dB
- Loudness: Switchable, adjustable on the speaker efficiency
- Sound Control: Switchable, channel separated, Bass & Treble -6dB to +8dB
- Headphone Outputs: 6.3mm plug, 4.4mm Pentaconn, 4-pin XLR
- Impedances: 8, 12, 18, 25, 40, 80 Ohms
D/A Converter Section
- PCM: Double-Differential-Quadruple-Converter with four 32-Bit Sigma-Delta D/A converter per channel, 705,6 / 768 kSps conversion rate
- DSD: T+A-True-1Bit DSD D/A converter, up to DSD 1024 (49,2 MHz), native bitstream
- Upsampling: T+A signal-processor – synchronous upsampling with four selectable oversampling algorithms. FIR short, FIR long, Bezier/IIR, Bezier, NOS (non-oversampling)
- Analogue Filter: Phase-linear Bessel filter 3rd order, switchable with 60 or 120 kHz cut of frequency
- High level (RCA) / balanced (XLR): 250 mVeff – 4,5 Veff / 10 kOhms | 500 mVeff – 9 Veff / 20 kOhms
- Channel Separation: 110 dB
- Digital: 1 x AES-EBU 32 – 192 kHz / 16-24 Bit. S/P-DIF: 2 x Standard Coax, 2 x optical TOS-Link 32 – 192 kHz / 16-24 Bit. 1 x BNC 32 – 192 kHz / 16-24 Bit. 2 x USB DAC: Device-Mode up to 768 kSps (PCM) and DSD1024*, supports asynchronous data transfer. (*DSD 512 and DSD 1024 with Windows PC and appropriate driver installed only.) 2 x HDMI IN, 1 x HDMI OUT with ARC (as an option)
- Mains: 100 – 120 V or 200 – 240 V, 50 – 60 Hz, 100 Watts
- Standby: < 0,5 Watts
- Accessories: Remote control FM8, power cord, USB-cable for charging RC, USB cable 2.0 for DAC, RCA cable
- Weight: 6,5 kg, 14.4 lbs
- Finishes: Alu silver anodized (43), Alu black anodized (42)
Full T+A Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision is an official T+A retailer, and can supply all models in the T+A product range. Please contact us if you require assistance or advice, both before and after purchase.