A high-specification Dual Moving Magnet Phono Cartridge, Magneto has been designed and manufactured by Vertere Acoustics to their exacting standards, and delivers an unparalleled musical experience in its class.
An ideal starter cartridge for new phonograph owners with a love of high-fidelity, Magneto is quiet, dynamic, accurate, easy to optimise, tolerant of records in less-than-perfect condition (which is often the case when owners return to vinyl after many years of absence), yet superbly musical, imbued with all the qualities one expects of Vertere products.
The dual magnet layout replicates the structure of the cutter head, with a V-form twin-magnet design to mimic the left & right channel sides of the record groove.
Permalloy centre shield plating provides a higher frequency response, with electrical crosstalk typically better than 40dB.
Use of laminated para-toroidal coils, along with the aforementioned "V" geometry of the magnets also gives rise to higher efficiency in generating the output signal.
Magneto utilises a finely-finished elliptical stylus to ensure outstanding tracking ability, plus super-quiet tracing of the record groove.
Magneto is closely related to the Audio Technica VM520EB cartridge (originally fitted to the DG-1) and is stylus-compatible with the AT VM5x range. This allows Magneto owners to upgrade to an improved stylus profile – if desired – when the time comes to renew.
- Replaceable Stylus
- Integrated Stylus Guard
- Stainless Steel Fixing Bolts, Washer & Hex Thumb Nuts
- Easy Alignment-Assist Markings
- Frequency Response: 20 – 23,000Hz
- Channel Separation: 27dB (1kHz)
- Output Channel Balance: 1.5dB (1kHz)
- Output Voltage: 4.5mV (1kHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 23 °
- Vertical Tracking Force Range: 1.8 – 2.2g (2.0g standard)
- Stylus Shape: Elliptical Bonded
- Stylus Size: 0.3 x 0.7 mil
- Stylus Construction: Bonded Round Shank
- Cantilever: Aluminium Tube
- Coil Impedance: 2,700 Ohm (1kHz)
- Static Compliance: 35 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic Compliance: 8 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100Hz)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 47,000 Ohm
- Recommended Load Capacitance: 100 – 200pF
- Weight: 6.4g
- Dimensions: 17.3 (H) x 17.0 (W) x 28.2 (L) mm
Full Vertere Acoustics Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are an official Vertere retail partner, covering their full range of superb turntables, tonearms, cables, cartridges and components. Please contact us if you require help or advice.