The key to designing a superb quality product (for all but the most extreme of high end cartridges) is to balance the required design parameters.
With Mystic, Vertere Acoustics have delivered a Moving Coil cartridge that stays in the vinyl groove, retrieves the maximum musical information and is least affected by old or damaged records.
Vertere have well-documented, long-term collaborations with music industry engineers which has given them invaluable insights into the art of cutting records. This has enabled them to advance their record player system designs (including turntables, tonearms and now cartridges) in many ways, in order to extract the maximum from vinyl records.
- Cartridge body machined from solid aluminium alloy.
- Mass-tuned to the generator for optimum support and control of unwanted mechanical vibrations.
- Threaded body accepts the (supplied) stainless steel thumb screws, ensuring correct coupling of cartridge body to tonearm headshell.
- Three specifically designed contact points to provide exact mechanical coupling.
- Alignment ridge to assist mounting to any Vertere tonearm.
- Samarium-Cobalt magnet with low-mass cross coil of pure virgin copper wires.
- Aluminium 7000 telescopic tube cantilever, maximises stiffness without massive high Q peak.
- Micro Elliptical diamond stylus tip, for maximum tracking ability without compromising high frequency response or increasing surface noise.
- Bonded through diamond assembly maximises alignment and rigidity.
- Wide band frequency response (-10Hz to 40kHz).
- 0.5mV output providing a lifelike dynamic range.
- Type: Moving Coil Phono Cartridge
- Mounting: M2.5 Threaded Holes, Special Tri-Point Contact
- Output Level: 0.5mV
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-40kHz (-3dB)
- Coil Impedance (per Channel): 40Ω
- Recommended Load: 68Ω – 1k5Ω, 220pF – 470pF
- Channel Balance: Better than 1.0dB
- Recommended Tracking Weight: 2.0g (1.9g – 2.1g)
- Cantilever: Aluminium Alloy 7000, Two-piece Telescopic
- Stylus: Micro Elliptical Diamond
- Weight: 9.1g
Full Vertere Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision is an official Vertere Acoustics retailer, covering their full range of turntables, tonearms and components. Please contact us if you require help or advice.