Audiolab have worked long and hard to ensure that their 8300CD improves upon its illustrious predecessor in key areas, delivering even better performance as both a CD player and a DAC/preamp for external digital sources.
Built around the peerless ESS Sabre DAC, the 8300CD now extends resolution to 32-bit/384kHz and adds DSD compatibility via USB.
In their 8300 Series (comprising 8300A, 8300CD, 8300CDQ, 8300MB and 8300XP models), Audiolab have asked fundamental questions about how people enjoy the music they love and to make sure their hi-fi is as easy to use, as it is easy on the ears.
While their engineers have referenced the blueprint of the previous 8200 series, each of these new components have come under scrutiny to create a hi-fi system well ahead of what is already a leader in its field. With more efficient components, high-definition audio format technology and redefined aesthetics, the 8300 Series has raised the bar yet again.
- Description: CD Player, Digital-to-Analogue Converter
- Finish: Fine Textured Aluminium (Black / Silver)
- Display: POLED 128×64 pixels 2.7"
- Standby Feature: Yes
- 12V Trigger: Yes
- CD Mechanism: Slot-Loading
- DSD Compatible: Yes (DSD64 / DSD128 / DSD256)
- Disc Compatibility: CD/CDR
- DAC: ESS Sabre32 9018 chip
- Resolution: 32 bits
- Sampling Frequency: Optical, Coaxial, AES 32kHz – 192kHz / USB 32kHz – 384kHz(PCM) / DSD64, DSD128, DSD256
- Maximum Sampling Frequency: Optical, Coaxial, AES 192kHz / USB 384kHz (PCM) / 11.2M (DSD256)
- Digital Input: 2x Coaxial, 2x Toslink Optical, 1x AES/EBU, 1x USB for PC USB
- Digital Output: 1x Coaxial, 1x Toslink Optical, 1x AES
- Output Voltage: 4.2Vrms ±0.1 (Balanced) / 2.1Vrms ±0.1 (Unbalanced)
- Output Impedance: 10Ω
- THD: (1kHz 0dB 20Hz – 20kHz A-weighted <0.002%
- Frequency Response: ±0.2dB 20Hz – 20kHz (± 0.2dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (S/N): A-weighted RCA: < -98dB, XLR < -100dB
- Dynamic Range (A-weighted): RCA >98dB, XLR >100dB
- Crosstalk @1K: RCA < -120dB, XLR < -130dB
- Gain Error: <0.5W