The Altair G2.1 by AURALiC is an all-encompassing digital and analog source component which provides abundant capabilities to the performance-oriented G2.1 Series.
Combining every function available from AURALiC into the ultra-quiet G2.1 chassis, Altair G2.1 is perfect for the most demanding music lover. Whether you desire a high-resolution title from an online streaming service, a file from your NAS drive, or a vinyl LP from your turntable, Altair G2.1 will deliver exquisitely rendered, dynamic music, from almost any source.
As part of the range-wide 2.1 update, hardware upgrades include the Unity Chassis II, a copper enclosure minimising interference, an anti-vibration footer system on a massive base, clocking armed with hyper-accurate femto-second clocks, a Purer-Power power supply, and Class-A Orfeo Output modules.
Internet radio, Airplay™, Bluetooth, USB connectivity, and optional internal storage are also available.
Control Altair G2.1 intuitively via the proven Lightning DS app, or via the controls clearly shown on the high-resolution 4-inch colour display. Completing this extensive feature set are full Wi-Fi and ethernet connectivity, smart IR control, and a locked-in analog volume control.
- High Performance DAC
- Phono Stage
- Network Streaming
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Qobuz, Tidal
- Airplay, Spotify Connect, HRA
- Roon Endpoint
- 32/384 PCM
- Analogue Volume Control
- Home Theatre Bypass
- USB Drive Connect
- Selectable Digital Filters
- Unity Chassis II
- Lightning Server
- Dual Femto-Second Clocks
- XLR (Balanced) + RCA Outputs
- Gapless Playback
- Onboard SSD Storage Option
- DSD12 Over Wi-Fi
- Line-Level Analogue Input
- iOS-Compatible Lightning OS
- Class-A Orfeo Analogue Output
- Purer-Power Power Supply
- Multi-Room Audio
Full specifications have not yet been released by AURALiC (as of late June 2021), however below are the specs for the original Altair G1 unit, which we could reasonably expect to be a minimum for this new unit:
- Frequency Response: 20 – 20KHz, +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: < 0.0002% (XLR); < 0.0003% (RCA), 20Hz-20KHz at 0dBFS
- Dynamic Range: 124dB, 20Hz-20KHz, A-weighted
- Lossless Streaming File Formats: AIFF, ALAC, APE, DIFF, DSF, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WV
- Lossy Streaming File Format: AAC, MP3, MQA and WMA
- PCM Sampling Rate: 44.1KHz to 384KHz in 32Bit
- DSD Sampling Rate: DSD64(2.8224MHz), DSD128(5.6448MHz), DSD256(11.2896MHz), DSD512(22.57892MHz)
- Control Software, AURALiC Lightning DS for iOS, AURALiC Lightning DS for web browser (device setting only), OpenHome compatible control software (BubbleUPnP, Kazoo), Roon (Roon Core required separately)
- Digital Inputs: AES/EBU, Coaxial, Toslink, USB Audio
- Streaming Inputs: Network shared folder, USB Drive, Optional Internal Storage, UPnP/DLNA Media Server, native TIDAL and Qobuz Sublime+ streaming, Internet Radio, AirPlay, Bluetooth, Songcast, RoonReady
- Balanced Audio Output: XLR (2.2Vrms at 0dBFS, output impedance 10ohm)
- Unbalanced Audio Output: RCA (2.2Vrms at 0dBFS, output impedance 50ohm)
- Headphone Output: 6.35mm Headphone Jack (output impedance 5ohm)
- Wired Network: Gigabit Ethernet
- Wireless Network: 802.11b/g/n/ac Tri-Band WiFi
- Power Consumption: Playback: 50W at max.
- Finish: Anodised aluminium case in matte black