As digital music formats and system components march ever forward in quality and capabilities, high-end audio systems increasingly rely on the precision of their clocks to keep the digital realm in order.
The greater dynamic range of high resolution files can only be realised with the help of modern clocks, capable of working frequencies nearly 10x higher than what was common just a handful of years ago. However, today’s high-frequency DAC clocks are costlier and much harder to design and build than ever before.
Leo GX hardware starts with two temperature-controlled rubidium atomic reference clocks. Each is paired with an oscillator using stress compensated cut crystals, for thermal and mechanical resilience and low phase noise performance. The result is remarkably high signal frequencies: 90.316MHz for 44.1-based audio signals, and 98.304MHz for 48K-based signals.
AURALiC have gone to great lengths to reduce interference and noise within the LEO GX, including the use of optical isolation techniques that keep systems physically separated from each other. Control signals from the processing circuit are sent to the clock circuit via fibre-optic cables instead of electrical pathways, so the source of this impeccable timing is never disturbed.
Leo GX is contained in a one-piece chassic designed specifically for the premium lineup of AURALiC G Series devices. This so-called Unity Chassis is machined from a single billet of aluminium that provides Leo GX with superior shielding from EMI noise, creating an ultra-precise, high frequency feed that can take the performance of your G system to new heights.
- AURALiC LEO GX Reference Master Clock
- Hex wrench (for use of tighten clock cable)
- Users’s guide
- Power cord
- Lightning-Link cable
- Basic version: High quality RF clock cable
- Premium version: 60GHz aerospace grade clock cables
- Benchmark Allan Deviation: 2E-12 (1 second)
- Benchmark Equivalent Jitter: 500 times less than an 82fs femto clock (1Hz-10Hz)
- Benchmark Equivalent Phase Noise: -110dBc/Hz@1Hz (Ref Frequency: 10MHz)
- Clock Frequency: 90.3168MHz (44.1KHz) | 98.3040MHz (48KHz)
- Clock Output Level: 3.3V CMOS (Direct-to-DAC Design)
- Clock Reference: Temperature-controlled Rubidium atomic clock
- Clock Oscillator: Temperature-controlled SC cut crystal
- PCM Sampling Rate: 44.1KHz to 384KHz in 32Bit
- DSD Sampling Rate: DSD64 to DSD512 in 44x and 48x
- System Control: Switch sampling rate automatically via Lightning-Link with G2 DAC
- Power: Dual Purer-Power internal linear power supply, 10uV low noise designed for audio circuits
- Noise-Elimination: Optical isolation between control and clock circuits, EMI-shielding Unity Chassis
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet (For firmware upgrade use)
- Power Consumption: Warmup 30W at max / Running 15W
- Finish: Anodized precision-machined aluminum case in matte black