Released June 2020 as part of a category-wide update to the previous award-winning G2 Series, the new improved Sirius G2.1 builds upon the impressive features & specifications of the earlier model with several key developments.
Like its predecessor, Sirius G2.1 is a high-fidelity upsampling processor that can be connected to any DAC, due to the use of an open standard to deliver a variety of sample rates and formats. In addition, Sirius G2.1 removes noise from the digital signal before it arrives at your digital-to-analog converter.
The G2.1 Series casework now features a double enclosure (chassis-within-a-chassis) where the outer casework is manufactured from high-grade aluminium, and an additional internal enclosure is made from copper. These design revisions enhance EMI shielding, providing an audible improvement to performance. A sculpted metal base provides a high-mass, heavyweight foundation, bonded to the enhanced four-foot assembly. This substantial base adds overall mass to the product, further builds on AURALiC’s modest elegance and improves the sound of the product overall.
The balanced weight distribution design found internally in the original G2/GX layout remains unchanged, but a newly designed suspension spike system further isolates the product from external mechanical vibration. Potentially harmful vibrations are absorbed within the six-coiled-spring, acoustically calibrated core of each foot, with each spring tuned to a different tension point, resulting in greater sound clarity and a more open sound field through vibration damping at separate frequencies, yet again providing for enhanced sonic performance.
One aspect of the overall G2.1/X.1 design that remains unchanged, and for good reason, is AURALiC’s Lightning Link protocol, making connectivity between G2/GX devices and G2.1/GX.1 an uninterrupted feature, so that owners of both G2 products and the newer generation of G2.1 products can be connected together for seamless functionality in one system.
- Unity Chassis II Upgrade
- Enhanced Suspension Systems
- Circuit Optimisations
- Input Channels: Lightning Link (Up to 384K/32bit, DSD512), USB Audio (Up to 384K/32bit, DSD512), AES/EBU (Up to 192K/24bit, DoP DSD64), Coaxial (Up to 192K/24Bit, DoP DSD64), TOSLINK (Up to 192K/24Bit, DoP DSD64)
- Output Channels: Lightning Link (Up to 384K/32bit, DSD512), 2*USB Hose (Up to 384K/32bit, DSD512), AES/EBU (Up to 192K/24Bit, DoP DSD64), Coaxial (Up to 192K/24Bit, DoP DSD64), TOSLINK (Up to 192K/24Bit, DoP DSD64)
- PCM Sampling Rate: 44.1K – 384K (16 to 32Bit)
- DSD64 Sampling Rate: DSD 512 (Both 44x and 48x)
- Benchmark THD+N: <-150dB (Upsampling to any PCM or DSD64)
- Benchmark THD+N: <-155dB (Upsampling to DSD128-DSD512)
- Benchmark THD+N: <-130dB (Downsampling to 44.1K/48K)
- Hardware Platform: AURALiC Tesla G1 General Computing, AURALiC Proteus G2 FPGA Co-Processing
- Internal Clock: Triple Femto Clock, for Digital Outputs, USB Host and Proteus G2
- Noise Elimination: Dual Galvanic Isolation Digital and USB Audio, EMI-Shielding Unity Chassis II
- Power Supply: Triple-Channel Purer-Power Internal linear power supply, 10uV low noise design for audio circuit
Full AURALiC Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision is an official retail partner for AURALiC, stocking and supporting their complete range of products and components. Do get in touch if you have any queries, either before or after purchase.