A rarified few components in audiophile lore have become so ubiquitous that nearly every music lover once had, lusted after, or if they’re really lucky, currently owns one. One such legend is the Bryston 4B Cubed Dual-Mono Power Amplifier.
This product has been manufactured continuously (though often refined) since 1978. Currently this venerated amplifier is on its 6th generation, and it’s never been better.
Now rated at 300 watts per channel into 8 ohms, (and upwards of 500 watts into 4 ohms), this true dual-mono amplifier is powerful enough for practically any speaker, yet it’s priced to remain within reach.
The degree of clarity, power, nuance, and outright truthfulness of this amp is stunning. If you have always wanted one, maybe now is just the right time to audition, agree, and purchase.
- Balanced XLR and single-ended RCA input.
- Two channels, each with fully independent power supplies, including transformers.
- 300 watts into 8 ohms (and up to 500 watts into 4 ohms) per-channel.
- The patented Salomie circuit, as found in all Cubed Series amplifiers.
- Switchable gain (23 dB / 29 dB).
- Fully convection-cooled means no noisy fans.
- Machined and anodised aluminium enclosure and dress panel.
- Less than 500 mW standby power consumption.
- SoftStart microprocessor controlled startup sequence – will not trip circuit breakers.
- DC trigger for automated turn-on and turn-off.
- Legendary Bryston 20-Year Warranty.
- Dimensions (Inches): 17 / 19 W x 6.3 H x 15.5 / 17.75 (with front handles) D
- Weight: 42 lbs / 19 kg
- Frequency Response: <1 Hz – 100 kHz, -3 dB
- THD+N (20 Hz – 20 kHz @ Rated Power, 8 Ω): <0.005 %
- Power Output (per-channel): 300 W @ 8 Ω / 500 W @ 4 Ω
- Noise: RCA -112 dB / XLR -117 dB
- Input Impedance: Unbalanced 7.5 kΩ / Balanced 30 kΩ+ / 6kΩ-
- Silver or black faceplate.
- 17-inch or 19-inch faceplate (non-rack mountable)
- 19-inch version comes with front-mounted handles.
- PRO version includes 19-inch rack-mount dress panel, in black, plus rear panel channel trim pots (-14 to 0 dB). Please contact us for availability.
Full Bryston Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Bryston, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.