LS50 Wireless II
No matter how you stream your music, LS50 Wireless II has you covered. Released in October / November 2020, this latest iteration of the award-winning LS50 Wireless series allows streaming direct from the Spotify native app with Spotify Connect. With the KEF Connect app you can also stream Tidal, Amazon Music, Qobuz, and Deezer or tune in to internet radio and podcasts.
The built-in amplifiers have been developed in-house by KEF. Each tweeter is driven by a 100W class A/B amplifier that delivers a smooth, incredibly detailed treble performance. Dedicated 280W class D amplifiers power the mid/bass drivers, for room-filling, controlled sound up to 108db.
The revolutionary Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT) eliminates distortion for a purer, more natural sound, while the 12th generation of KEF’s Uni-Q driver array (now featuring MAT) delivers three-dimensional, wonderfully revealing sound anywhere in the room.
All aspects of the LS50 Wireless II performance are aided by KEF’s bespoke Music Integrity Engine. This collection of bespoke Digital Signal Processing algorithms is optimised for the Uni-Q driver, enabling it to deliver a perfectly timed performance, for better imaging and a tighter sound.
Out-of-the-box wireless compatibility with AirPlay 2, Google Chromecast and more, backed up with wired connections for your TV, turntable, CD player and games console. Whatever source you’ve got, LS50 Wireless II stands ready.
LS50 Wireless II has audiophiles covered with support for streaming music files up to 24bit/384kHz, as well as MQA, DSD256, and Roon Ready (coming soon). These features mean that even the experienced HiFi enthusiast will marvel at this exceptional loudspeaker’s ability.
Beyond the flawless musical performance, LS50 Wireless II is a breeze to set-up thanks to the KEF Connect app. Intuitive to use with any source in your home, it allows simple over-the-air firmware updates that bring you new and improved features with the minimum of fuss.
You can choose to operate LS50 Wireless II completely wirelessly at 24bit/96kHz resolution for a completely clutter-free set up, or you can connect the two speakers with the supplied cable for 24bit/192kHz resolution sound.
The brand-new dedicated KEF Connect app controls LS50 Wireless II on a day-to-day basis, including intuitive sound settings so you can tune the sound to your own personal tastes. You can even select your favourite source to wake up LS50 Wireless II whenever it comes on, allowing you immediate access to the best sound.
When using LS50 Wireless II with Airplay 2, Chromecast or Roon you can stream to multiple speakers around your home at the same time. By using multiple LS50 Wireless II speakers, you can have a simple, high-performance multi-room system.
Every aspect of LS50 Wireless II has been considered for acoustic benefits and from a design perspective. The low-diffraction, curved baffle is precision modelled around the Uni-Q driver, while eye-catching heat sinks and colour-matched ports are located on the well-equipped rear. The top-mounted control panel is designed to be stylish and functional.
- Play all major music services and supports all major audio formats.
- Wireless both from source and between the speakers.
- Comprehensive applications and connectivity.
- Intuitive on-boarding with user-centred features.
- Personalised listening experience via KEF Connect App.
- Metamaterial Absorption Technology for pure, natural sound.
- 12th generation Uni-Q with MAT for exceptional acoustic accuracy.
- Music Integrity Engine for rich, full-bodied sound.
- Optimised cabinet design for best acoustic performance.
- Available in 4 finishes.
- With mounting inserts to secure on KEF S2 Floor Stand (available as separate item).
- Model: LS50 Wireless II
- Drive Units: Uni-Q Driver Array – LF: 130 mm (5.25 in.) aluminium cone / HF: 25 mm (1 in.) vented aluminium dome with Metamaterial Absorption Technology
- Frequency Range (-6 DB) at 85DB/1M: 40 Hz – 47 kHz
- Frequency Response (±3 DB) at 85DB/1M: 45 Hz – 28 kHz
- Amplifier Output Power (Per-Speaker): LF 280W, HF 100W
- Amplifier Class (Per-Speaker): LF Class D, HF Class AB
- Max SPL 1M: 108 dB
- Wireless Streaming Features: AirPlay 2, Google Chromecast, ROON Ready (coming soon), UPnP Compatible, Bluetooth 4.2
- Streaming Services: Spotify via Spotify Connect, Tidal, Amazon Music, Qobuz, Deezer, QQ Music via QPlay (coming soon), Internet Radio, Podcast
- Source Resolution: Network up to 384kHz/24bit, Optical up to 96kHz/24bit, Coaxial up to 192kHz/24bit, HDMI up to 192kHz/24bit
- Interspeaker Connection: Wireless – all sources resampled to 96kHz/24bit PCM / Wired – all sources resampled to 192kHz/24bit PCM
- Supported Formats (All Inputs): MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, WMA, LPCM, Ogg Vorbis
- Supported Format (Network): MQA / DSF: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 / DFF: DSD64
- Dimensions (Per-Speaker HWD): 305 x 200 x 311 mm (12 x 7.9 x 12.2 in.)
- Weight (Per-Set): 20.1kg (44.31lbs)
- Power Input: 100 – 240VAC 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 200W (operating power), <2.0W (standby power)
- Primary Speaker Inputs: HDMI eARC, TOSLINK Optical, Digital Coaxial, Analog 3.5mm Auxiliary, USB Type A (service), RJ45 Ethernet (network), RJ45 Ethernet (interspeaker)
- Primary Speaker Output: RCA Subwoofer output
- WiFi Network Standard: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac IPv4, IPv6
- WiFi Frequency Band: Dual-band 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
- Secondary Speaker Inputs: USB Type A (service), RJ45 Ethernet (interspeaker)
- Secondary Speaker Output: RCA Subwoofer output
In The Box
- LS50 Wireless II
- Remote control
- Interspeaker cable
- Power cord
- Quick start guide, warranty
Full KEF Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are long-standing retail partners with KEF Audio, supporting their complete range of premium loudspeakers and accessories. Do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or advice concerning any of their excellent products.