The MX100 offers unparalleled McIntosh home theatre performance in a streamlined design. This premium unit gives you exactly what you need, in order to enjoy all your favourite HD and 4K programming, Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD discs, and DVDs.
The MX100 is designed to be heard but not necessarily seen. Well-suited for installation in a hidden or out-of-the-way A/V equipment rack, it features rack-friendly 2U physical dimensions plus rack-mounting brackets to facilitate installation – removable for non-rack installations. Not limited to just rack installation, it also looks and works well when placed out in the open for everyone to see and enjoy.
With 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output, all being HDCP 2.2 compliant. Each HDMI port also has 18 Gbps of bandwidth to support High Dynamic Range (HDR) formats Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG; 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz; 4:4:4 colour spacing; Rec. 2020; and 3D video pass-through.
Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) functionality is included on the HDMI output. eARC offers improved bandwidth so the MX100 receives higher resolution audio from your TV to produce the best possible sound quality. Two coax and 2 optical digital audio inputs are also included.
MX100 has 11.2 discrete audio channels for audio output, also known as a 7.2.4 home cinema configuration. Seven premium 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs) provide audiophile-grade processing for the best audio playback. MX100 can be connected to your home theatre amplifiers via its 13 balanced (XLR) outputs.
By utilising balanced connectors, the cleanest sound is assured. Sent through your balanced audio cables to your amplifier(s) and ultimately to your home cinema speakers and subwoofer(s). Bass and treble tone controls are included to help fine tune the audio to your personal preferences.
While having a streamlined design, MX100 includes many McIntosh design cues. These include a black glass front panel, an illuminated McIntosh logo, rotary control knobs, and a familiar form factor highlighted by silver trim.
- 5 HDMI ports: HDCP 2.2, 18 Gbps & 4:4:4 Color
- 4K Ultra HD; Dolby Vision, HDR10 & HLG
- 11.2 Audio Channels; eARC
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X
- 2U rack mountable.
- Multi-Channel Outputs Balanced: 11.2
- Digital Coaxial Input: 2
- Digital Optical Input: 2
- HDMI Input: 4 – HDCP 2.2, High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG), 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz, 4:4:4 colour, Rec. 2020, 3D video pass-through.
- HDMI Output: 1 – HDCP 2.2, High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG), 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz, 4:4:4 colour, Rec. 2020, 3D video pass-through, eARC
- USB: 1 – Type A
- Subwoofer 2 Output: Yes – Discrete signal from Subwoofer 1
- Network Connection: 1
- Max No. of Audio Channels in Zone A: 13
- Advanced Connections: Ethernet Web interface, firmware update, IP-based control.
- Total Harmonic Distortion (DSP Bypass): 0.005%
- Dolby Processing: Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround Upmixer
- DTS Processing: DTS-X, Neural:X Surround Upmixer
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG
- Third Party Control: RS232, Web IP, IR Input
- Tone Controls: Bass / Treble
- OSD Overlay on HDMI Output: Volume Only
- Control of McIntosh Sources: Yes, by handheld remote, 1 Data Out, 2 Power Control Trigger jacks
- Channel Formats: 11.2 (7.2.4), 7.1, 5.1, Stereo
- DSP Room Correction: Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume
- Microphone and stand included: Yes
- Unique Crossover Frequency, Each Speaker: Yes
- Special Features: Rear panel USB for firmware updating
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D): 44.45 cm (48.3cm with mounting ears) x 11 cm (including feet) x 53.3 cm (including front panel and cables)
- Unit Weight: 7.7 kg
- Shipping Weight: 18 kg
Full McIntosh Labs Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for McIntosh Laboratory Inc. We are able to provide sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration, need assistance or wish to make a purchase.
There are no reviews yet.