When it comes to the video requirements of a modern home theatre, the McIntosh MX170 AV Processor has everything you need.
8 HDMI inputs plus 4 HDMI outputs, powered by the newest and most powerful HDMI processors available. Each HDMI port is HDCP 2.2 / 2.3 and has 18 Gbps of bandwidth to fully support 4K Ultra HD picture quality and full 4:4:4 colour spacing. Audio Return Channel (ARC) capabilities are featured on 3 of the outputs, while the 4th features Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) functionality. eARC offers improved bandwidth so higher resolution audio can be sent from your TV to the MX170 to deliver the best sound quality possible.
HDR formats HDR10, Dolby Vision™ and HLG are also fully supported by the MX170. When watching a video mastered in one of these formats, you’ll see a dramatic improvement in colour, contrast and brightness on your screen. A special HDBaseT output is included to prevent signal loss or degradation when there is a long distance between your MX170 and the screen. It also has 3D video pass-through, so you can be right in the middle of the action when watching your favourite 3D movies.
Superb Surround Sound
On the audio side, the McIntosh MX170 is compatible with all the leading object-based, 3D surround sound formats including Dolby® Atmos, DTS:X™ and Auro-3D® to give you a truly immersive theatre experience. It includes sophisticated RoomPerfect™ room correction technology that will measure and adjust the audio output to compensate for the specific acoustic properties of your room and make every seat in the house the best seat in the house. The MX170 combined with RoomPerfect will give you a home cinema surround sound system with optimised frequency response, calibrated speaker volumes, and bass control that perfectly combines your speakers with your subwoofer(s). You’ll also gain added flexibility in speaker selection and placement.
To produce this immersive experience, MX170 features balanced outputs for a 15.1 surround sound speaker configuration. This allows you to have a multitude of speakers in your system to create an enveloping cinematic soundstage. If you don’t have that many surround sound speakers, 4 of the outputs can be used to bi-amp some of your speakers or to drive additional subwoofers.
The McIntosh MX170 comes with a full suite of digital inputs including 4 optical, 3 coaxial and 1 USB that each accept up to 24-bit/192kHz signals, plus 1 digital balanced input. There’s also a complete complement of analog audio inputs comprised of 2 balanced and 4 unbalanced inputs, a phono input and a 7.1 multichannel unbalanced input. It features some of the latest analog to digital convertor technology to maximise the audio quality of your analog sources.
All analog and digital devices can be custom named to simplify system operation; their volume levels can be matched to eliminate jarring changes in volume when transitioning between sources. Bass and treble controls offer further audio fine-tuning.
- 12 HDMI ports: HDCP 2.2/2.3, 18Gbps & 4:4:4 Color
- 4K Ultra HD; Dolby Vision, HDR10 & HLG
- 15.1 Audio Channels; eARC
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X & Auro-3D
- Multi-Channel Outputs Balanced: 15.1
- MMulti-Channel Inputs Unbalanced: 7.1
- MStereo Inputs Balanced: 2
- MStereo Inputs Unbalanced: 5 – including 1 Moving Magnet Phono
- MStereo Outputs Unbalanced: 1 – Zone B
- MDigital Coaxial Input: 3
- MDigital Coaxial Output: 1 – Zone B
- MDigital Optical Input: 4
- MAES/EBU Balanced Input: 1
- MHDMI Input: 8 – HDCP 2.2 / 2.3, 18 Gbps, 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz, 4:4:4 colour, High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision,
- MHDR10 and HLG), 3D video pass-through
- MHDMI Output: 4 – HDCP 2.2 / 2.3, 18 Gbps, 4K Ultra HD at 50/60Hz, 4:4:4 color, High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision,
- MHDR10 and HLG), 3D video pass-through, (3) ARC, (1) eARC
- MHDBT Output: 1
- MUSB: 2 – Type A, 1 – Type B for digital audio (2.0, 24-bit / 192 kHz Asynchronous)
- MSubwoofer 2 Output: 4 Aux Outputs
- MNetwork Connection: 2
- MMax No. of audio channels in Zone A: 16
- MAdditional Zone Outputs: Zone B, Analog + digital audio outputs
- MAdvanced Connections: Ethernet Web interface, firmware update, IP-based control
- MTotal Harmonic Distortion (DSP Bypass): 0.005%
- MDolby Processing: Atmos/True HD/Digital, EX/ProLogic IIx
- MDTS Processing: DTS:X/HD Master & High Res. Audio/ES/96/24, Discrete & Matrix6.1, Neo:X
- MAuro Processing: Auro 3D, Auro-Matic, Auro 9.1, 10.1, 11.1
- MHigh Dynamic Range (HDR): Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG
- MThird Party Control: RS232, Web IP, IR Input
- MTone Controls: Bass / Treble with adjustable frequency
- MInput-Output Format Indicators: 9 in, 9 out
- MControl of McIntosh Sources: Yes, wired with data cables
- MChannel Formats: 15.1, 11.1 (7.1.4), 7.1, 5.1, Stereo
- MDSP Room Correction: RoomPerfect, 1/12 octave
- MMicrophone and stand included: Yes
- MNetwork Features: Ethernet Control and Setup
- MUnique Crossover Frequency, Each Speaker: Yes
- MSpecial Features: Up to 64 input capability, 4 assignable auxiliary channels
- MUnit Dimensions (W x H x D): 44.45 cm x 19.37 cm (including feet) x 49.53 cm (including front panel, knobs, and rear panel connections)
- MUnit Weight: 13.6 kg
- MShipping Weight: 24.5 kg
Full McIntosh Labs Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for McIntosh Laboratory Inc. We can provide sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration, need some advice or simply wish to purchase.
There are no reviews yet.