SD 3100 HV
SD 3100 HV is the Reference Streaming DAC by T+A. A purist converter / streamer which in an HV system acts as ultra-high quality player and converter for every imaginable digital source.
With the exception of the pre-amplifier section, SD 3100 HV is identical with the SCD 3100 HV. It can be connected to the P 3100 HV pre-amplifier or the PA 3100 HV integrated amplifier via one of its analogue outputs. If you wish to play CD or SACD, the PDT 3100 HV reference disc mechanism can be connected to the SD 3100 HV.
Since more and more audiophile music enthusiasts use high-quality headphones, T+A have developed a particularly good, high-performance analogue headphone amplifier which also exploits HV technology. It works completely in Class A mode, and offers outstanding sound quality. The connection sockets for 6.3 mm jack plugs and high-quality, quadrupole-symmetrical Pentaconn plugs are located on the front.
Like all HV devices the SD 3100 HV is built of pure aluminium, without any ferro-magnetic materials at all, and features five compartments separated by aluminium dividing walls. These sections house the motherboard with digital inputs, the D/A converters with analogue output stage, the analogue mains section, the digital mains section and – in the massive front panel – the control section with its bright display and sensor buttons.
The SD 3100 HV – and also a full HV system – can be controlled using the F 3100 remote control handset or the T+A MusicNavigator App.
- Reference-quality Streaming Digital-to-Analogue Converter.
- Huge range of digital source connection options.
- HV technology audiophile-grade headphone amplifier.
- Solid aluminium casework
- PCM Upsampling.
- Analogue Output: Coaxial (RCA) | Balanced (XLR), 2,5 Veff / 20 Ohm | 5,0 Veff / 40 Ohm
- Headphone Output: 6.3 mm Klinke (20 Ohm) and 4.4 mm Pentaconn (8 Ohm)
- Digital Outputs: 1 x Coaxial, IEC 60958 S/P-DIF (LPCM)
- Digital Inputs:
- 1 x AES-EBU 32…192 kHz / 16-24 Bit
- 6 x S/P-DIF: 2 x Standard Coaxial, 2 x High Quality BNC 32…192 kHz / 16-24 Bit, 2 x Optical TOS-Link 32…192 kHz / 16-24 Bit
- 2 x USB DAC: Device-Mode with max. 768 kSps (PCM) und DSD 1024*, supports asynchronous data transfer.
- 2 x USB Master-Mode for USB-Mass storage (Stick or HDD)
- 2 x HDMI IN, 1 x HDMI OUT with ARC
- 1 x IPA (LVDS)
- Network Connection: LAN Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-T, WLAN 802.11 b/g/n
- PCM: Double-Differential-Quadruple-Converter with four 32-Bit Sigma-Delta D/A-Converter per channel. 705,6 / 768 kSps conversion rate
- DSD: T+A-True-1Bit DSD D/A-Converter, up tp DSD 1024 (49,2 MHz), native bitstream.
- Upsampling (PCM): T+A-Signalprocessor – synchronous upsampling with 4 selectable oversampling algorithms, FIR short, FIR long, Bezier/IIR, Bezier.
- Analogue Filter: Phase-linear Bessel filter 3rd order, switchable 60 / 120 kHz cut-off frequency.
- Frequency Response:
- PCM 44.1 kSps: 2 Hz – 20 kHz
- PCM 48 kSps: 2 Hz – 22 kHz / DSD 64: 2 Hz – 44 kHz
- PCM 96 kSps: 2 Hz – 40 kHz / DSD 128: 2 Hz – 60 kHz
- PCM 192 kSps: 2 Hz – 80 kHz / DSD 256: 2 Hz – 80 kHz
- PCM 384 kSps: 2 Hz – 100 kHz / DSD 512: 2 Hz – 100 kHz
- PCM 768 kSps: 2 Hz – 120 kHz / DSD 1024: 2 Hz – 120 kHz
- THD: < 0.001 %
- S/N Ratio: > 117 dB
- Channel Separation: > 110 dB
- Formats / Standards: MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC / UPnP AV, T+A Control
- Data Rates: PCM 32…192 kHz,16/24 Bit; MP3 bis 320 kBit, variable and constant bit rate.
- Music Services: Tidal, Deezer, Qobuz (Subscription required)
- Streaming Features: Gapless Playback for MP3 (Lame), WAV, FLAC, T+A MusicNavigator App for iOS und Android.
- Internet Radio: Airable Internet Radio Service (11000+ Stations worldwide)
- FM / FM-HD: 87.5 – 108 MHz; sensitivity 1 µV; S/N > 65 dBA
- DAB / DAB+: 168 -240 MHz (Band III); sensitivity 2,0 µV, S/N > 96 dBA
- Tuner Features: RDS/RDBS, Stationname (PS), Programm type (PTY), Radiotext (RT)
- Bluetooth Standard / Codec: A2DP (Audio), AVRCP 1.4 (Control) / aptX®, MP3, SBC
- Mains: 2 x 110-120 V or 220-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 2 x 40 Watts
- Standby: < 0.5 W
- Accessories: 2 x Power cord, Remote control F 3100, BNC adaptor
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 17 x 46 x 46 cm
- Weight: 26 kg
- Case Finishes: Silver Lacquer 47, or Titanium Lacquer 64
*DSD512 und DSD 1024 with Windows PC with appropriate driver installed or Linux PC with 4.4 Kernel or higher only.
Full T+A Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for T+A, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of reference-quality audio products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.