Despite a look which clearly references their iconic DJ turntables, SL-1200G is a pure hi-fi product. Part of the Technics Grand Class, the turntable has a three-layered construction with a rigidly combined brass and aluminium die-cast platter. With a deadening rubber covering its entire rear surface to eliminate unnecessary resonance, thereby achieving high rigidity and vibration damping.
This delivers smooth rotational stability and inertial mass surpassing the SP-10MK2 (the direct-drive turntable standard used by broadcast stations worldwide) as well as having more than twice the inertial mass of the SL-1200MK5.
Conventional analogue turntables have problems with degradation in sound quality caused by many factors, including minute speed vibration during rotation, and rotation irregularity called "cogging." SL-1200G eliminates cogging via the use of a newly developed coreless direct-drive motor with no iron core.
Twin-rotor construction reduces the bearing load while maintaining high torque and reducing minute vibration. These factors enable reproduction of the warm, exquisitely detailed sound etched into quality analogue records.
The tonearm employs lightweight magnesium with a high damping effect, with cold drawing improving the characteristics of the material and achieving high-precision. High initial-motion sensitivity is attained via the traditional Technics gimbal suspension construction, with horizontal & vertical rotation axis intersecting at a single central point, and high-precision bearings using a cut-processed housing.
A hairline-processed, 10-mm-thick top panel of immaculate aluminium has been added onto the previous three-layered construction of aluminium die-cast, BMC, and heavyweight-class rubber on the SL-1200MK5. This four-layered construction combines high rigidity with a high-quality finish and feel.
The use of brass-milled, gold-plated phono terminals and ground terminals prevent degradation in sound quality while enabling the easy attaching and detaching of cables. Also the use of metal shielding construction inside the case reduces the effects of external noise.
- Coreless Direct Drive Motor
- High-precision Motor Control Technology
- Three-layered Turntable Platter
- High-level Balance Adjustment
- High-Sensitivity Tonearm
- Four-Layered Cabinet Construction
- High-Quality Terminals
- Type: Direct Drive Manual Turntable
- Turntable Speeds: 33⅓rpm, 45rpm, 78rpm
- Adjust Range: ±8%, ±16%
- Starting Torque: 3.3kg-cm
- Build-up Characteristics: 0.7s. from Standstill to 33⅓rpm
- Wow And Flutter: 0.025% WRMS (JIS C5521)
- Rumble: 78dB (IEC 98A weighted)
- Turntable Platter: Brass and aluminium die-cast combined
- Diameter: 332mm
- Weight: Approx. 3.6kg (including rubber mat)
- Type: Universal Static Balance
- Effective Length: 230mm
- Overhang: 15mm
- Tracking Error Angle: Within 2° 32′(at the outer groove of 30cm (12") record) / Within 0° 32′(at the inner groove of 30cm (12") record)
- Offset Angle: 22°
- Arm-height Adjustment Range: 0-6mm
- Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range: 0-4g (direct reading)
- Head Shell Weight: Approx. 7.6g
- Cartridge Mounting Dimension: JIS 12.7mm Interval
- Head Shell Terminal Lug: 1.2mm 4-pin Terminal Lug
- Audio Output: PHONO (Pin Jack), EARTH TERMINAL
- Power Supply: AC 110 – 240V, 50 / 60Hz
- Power ConsumptionL 14W Approx. 0.2W (standby)
- Accessories: Turntable, Turntable Mat, Dust Cover, EP Record Adaptor, Balance Weight, Auxiliary Weight Small, Auxiliary Weight Big, Head Shell, Overhang Gauge, Screw Set for Cartridge, PHONO Cable, PHONO Earth Lead, AC Mains Lead, Screw Set for Turntable, Owner’s Manual