In creating the SL-1500C, Technics applied technologies acquired through the development of their SL-1200 Series and high-end SL-1000R models.
The single-rotor, coreless direct drive motor adopted by the SL-1200GR is used, in order to read the high rotation accuracy and convey the high-precision signals of the recording.
Cogging torque irregularities are eliminated via optimal digital motor control of the two-layer structure platter (on which the vinyl record is placed), plus the use of deadening rubber on the entire back surface eliminates unwanted resonances.
The aluminium die-cast chassis is rigidly integrated with an ABS / Glass Fibre mix to achieve a two-layer construction. The insulator is comprised of a spring and rubber to provide optimal vibration-damping characteristics.
The tonearm is the traditional and well-proven static-balance universal S-shape tonearm. A high-quality Ortofon 2M Red cartridge is supplied as standard.
By adopting a high-precision bearing using the same gimbal suspension construction and machined housing as the SL-1200 Series, high initial sensitivity is achieved, plus reliability has been improved by incorporating a removable power cable and gold-plated terminals for both phono and line terminals.
- Coreless Direct Drive Motor
- Complete Turntable with Built-in Phono Equaliser & Cartridge
- Auto Lifter Function
- Simple Design with Functional Beauty
- Type: Direct Drive Manual Turntable
- Turntable Speeds: 33⅓rpm, 45rpm and 78rpm
- Starting Torque: 0.18Nm / 1.8 kgcm
- Build-up Characteristics: 0.7s. from standstill to 33⅓rpm
- Wow And Flutter: 0.025 % WRMS
- Turntable Platter: Aluminium diecast, 332mm, 2kg (including rubber sheet)
- Type: Universal Static Balance
- Effective Length: 230mm
- Overhang: 15mm
- Tracking Error Angle: Within 2° 32’ (at the outer groove of 30 cm (12") record), within 0° 32’ (at the inner groove of 30 cm (12") record)
- Offset Angle: 22°
- Arm-height Adjustment Range: 0-6mm
- Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range: 0-4g (Direct Reading)
- Head Shell Weight: Approx. 7.6g
- Head Shell Terminal Lug: 1.2mm 4-pin
- Audio Output: Phono (Pin Jack) x1, Earth Terminal x1, Line (Pin Jack) x1
- Power Supply: AC 110-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 8W, approx. 0.2W (Standby)
- Accessories: Turntable, Turntable sheet, Dust cover, EP record adaptor, Balance weight, Auxiliary weight, Head shell, Cartridge (Ortofon 2M Red), Phono cable, Phono earth lead, AC power supply cord, Owner’s Manual