For the MK7 version of the iconic SL-1210 a new coreless direct drive motor was developed, employing a coreless stator. The removal of the iron core from the stator eliminates the root cause of cogging.
Further, the magnetic force of the rotor magnets was improved to the highest possible level, and the gap between the new coreless stator and rotor magnets was optimised. This high-torque-performance equals that of the SL-1210MK5. Boasting smooth rotation and powerful torque, this motor reproduces sound accurately and faithfully from the groove on an analogue record.
The newest digital motor control technology (gained via development of high-speed Blu-ray disc products) is used to improve adjustment by allowing the torque and brake speed to be adjusted individually in four steps.
The pitch control function allows fine adjustment of the rotation speed within ±8% / ±16%, all via digital control, from positional detection of the slider to rotational control of the motor, eliminating the unnecessary digital-to-analogue conversion. This greatly improves tracking performance to achieve accurate and stable pitch adjustment.
The reverse play function, allowing new possibilities of creative performance, makes its first appearance in the SL-1210 Series. In addition to 33⅓rpm and 45rpm, a rotation speed of 78rpm is also now supported.
The tonearm, which has continued to support the leading edge of the DJ scene for many years, inherits the highly reliable static-balance universal S-shape tonearm. Using high-precision bearings, it achieves a higher initial-motion sensitivity than the SL-1210MK6. This accurately tracks the groove on the record to assure excellent tracking performance with minimum stylus jumping – even under harsh playing conditions and when scratching.
The stylus illuminator features a new push-type structure for intuitive operation, and employs a high-brightness and long-life white LED. The illumination area and intensity were reviewed to provide improved visibility of the stylus tip even in a dark environment.
The power and phono cable terminals allow detachment of the cables, making cleaning, maintenance and replacement a simple task. The phono terminals are gold-plated to minimise sound quality degradation.
The aluminium die-cast chassis is rigidly integrated with an ABS / glass fibre mix to achieve a two-layer construction, realising a robust cabinet for beautiful sound reproduction. The insulator is comprised of a spring and rubber, assuring high sound quality and superb howling resistance, effectively shutting out external vibrations under high sound level conditions.
- Coreless Direct Drive Motor
- Torque / Brake Speed Adjustment
- Pitch Control Function
- Reverse Play Function
- High Sensitivity Tonearm
- LED Stylus Illuminator (White, High-Brightness, Long-life)
- Detachable Power / Phono Cable Terminals
- High-Rigidity Cabinet
- High-Damping Insulator
- Type: Direct Drive Manual Turntable
- Speeds: 33⅓rpm , 45rpm (switchable to 78rpm)
- Starting Torque: 0.18Nm / 1.8kgcm
- Build-up Characteristics: 0.7s. from standstill to 33⅓rpm
- Wow And Flutter: 0.025% WRMS
- Turntable Platter: Aluminium diecast, 332mm
- Weight: Approx. 1.8kg (Including slipmat and slipsheet)
- Type: Universal Static Balance
- Effective Length: 230mm
- Overhang: 15mm
- Tracking Error Angle: Within 2° 32′ (at the outer groove of 30cm (12″) record), within 0° 32′ (at the inner groove of 30cm (12″) record)
- Offset Angle: 22°
- Arm-height Adjustment Range: 0-6mm
- Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range: 0-4g (Direct Reading)
- Head Shell Weight: Approx. 7.6g
- Head Shell Terminal Lug: 1.2mm 4-pin
- Audio Output: Phono (Pin Jack) x1, Earth Terminal x1
- Power Supply: AC 110-240V, 50 / 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 8W Approx. 0.2W (Standby)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 453 x 169 x 353mm
- Weight: Approx. 9.6 kg
- Accessories: Turntable, slipmat, slipsheet, dust cover, EP record adaptor, balance weight, head shell, screw set for cartridge, phono cable, phono earth lead, AC power supply cord, owner’s manual.