SG-1 Super Groove
Vertere’s Record Player SG-1 Super Groove is designed and built to exactly the same high standards as the RG-1 Reference Groove. As with RG-1, using the best possible materials and the highest standards of precision, every single component is specially engineered and custom built.
Directly derived from the unparalleled RG‐1 main bearing, the SG-1 main bearing performs second only to the RG‐1. Based on the same design, geometry and similar precision engineering techniques, the SG‐1 bearing is made to the highest Vertere standards.
Both RG‐1 & SG‐1 main bearings are lubricated with Vertere proprietary formulated L‐1G record player main bearing oil.
One look at the record player motor assembly and the depth and innovativeness of its design become apparent. Using precision bearings to articulate the proprietary aluminium alloy motor housing keeps the motor continuously synchronous achieving constant belt tension. Simply put, it drives the platter at constant speed without interference.
The platter assembly is a unique two-piece super precision machined aluminium alloy design that provides friction-only damping of the platter assembly. The main platter has a critically designed surface profile on its top side that perfectly matches the underside of the reference platter insert. The two parts fit so precisely that the assembly creates a linearly damped, non‐resonant structure.
It is absolutely critical that the record player motor is powered and controlled faultlessly to ensure a full and musical performance of the record player. The new Tempo takes control of the record player motor and provides it with smoother drive with lower noise and lower distortion. Its internal circuit as with the reference motor drive is uniquely microprocessor based providing a pure sine wave in the digital domain and then converted to analogue via an on-board DAC. Two waveforms are derived, a cosine and a sine, which are then amplified using two bridged amplifiers to power the motor.
Colour / Finish Options
SG1 Super Groove is available in one standard & three special colour/finish options:
- Clear Acrylic (Standard Finish)
- Metallic Black (Special Finish)
- Pearlescent White (Special Finish)
- Champagne (Special Finish)
The lustrous Metallic Black, Pearlescent White and Champagne finishes are available at a premium, as alternative finishes to the original clear acrylic version.
- Type: Belt Drive
- Motor: 24 Pole Synchronous, 6 Point Body Contact Support, Spindle Support Acetal Ball Bearing
- Motor Mount: Acetal Platform – Articulated, 2 Ball Race Bearings and Silicone Motor Spring
- Pulley: Super Precision Aluminium Alloy
- Drive Belt: Precision Ground Polymer
- Platter: Super Precision Aluminium Alloy, Single Piece, 3 mm Bonded Acrylic Record Interface
- Bearing Spindle: Precision Hardened Stainless Steel, Roundness / Concentricity and Finish < 2 Micron
- Bearing Housing: High Copper Content Phosphor Bronze, Clearance < 6.5 Microns
- Plinth Structure: Clear Cast Acrylic, Optional Finishes, 30 mm top / bottom, 25 mm sub-plinth, 15 mm mid-plinth
- Isolation System: 3 Stage Compliant, 2 Stage Rigid, 12 Decoupler Sets, 12 Tuned Silicone Ring / Bobbins
- Motor Drive P/S: Precision Crystal Referenced
- Speeds: 33.3 / 45 rpm (< 0.2 %)
- Wow + Flutter: < 0.1 %
- Rumble: < -85 dB
Full Vertere Acoustics Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Vertere Acoustics, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products, including record players, tonearms, cables, cartridges and accessories. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.