RG-1 Reference Groove
Record Player RG-1 Reference Groove embodies all Vertere’s unrivalled expertise in quality audio engineering, high-end hi-fi systems and turntables. Designed without compromise, every single component in the RG-1 is specially engineered and custom built, using the best possible materials and the highest standards of precision.
RG-1 is the perfect platform for any tonearm, and ideal partner for the Vertere Reference tonearm. It plays every note with the intended emotion, gets the maximum information and detail from your records, and gives lifelike dynamics in any home environment.
At the heart of any record player is its main bearing. Vertere RG‐1 record player utilises probably the highest precision bearing assembly designed for a record player. As a result the drive system can rotate the platter assembly absolutely smoothly and silently. Thus the record is presented to the tonearm and cartridge without any unwanted bearing noise.
One look at the record player motor assembly and the depth and innovativeness of its design become apparent. Using precision bearings to articulate the proprietary aluminium alloy motor housing keeps the motor continuously synchronous achieving constant belt tension. Simply put, it drives the platter at constant speed without interference.
RG-1 platter assembly is a unique two piece super precision machined aluminium alloy design that provides friction-only damping of the platter assembly. The main platter has a critically designed surface profile on its top side that perfectly matches the underside of the reference platter insert. The two parts fit so precisely that the assembly creates a linearly damped, non‐resonant structure.
The underside of the main platter is precision machined to provide a perfect fit to the main spindle block for accurate turning. It also has highest peripheral mass to maximise inertia to weight ratio. This ensures constant speed while eliminating undue pressure on the main bearing contact point. Maximum performance, maximum longevity.
Topside of the RG‐1 platter insert is precision machined to provide the bonding area for the 2mm cast Acrylic record interface disc. The underside, on the other hand, is done as the precise fit to the topside of the main platter. Six small stainless screws ensure the two pieces are held perfectly together in non‐resonant state.
RG-1 Reference Motor Drive with its most advanced control circuit design, implemented to its limits, allows maximum performance from the world renowned RG-1 Reference Record Player & Reference Tonearm. There are 7 speed adjustments via the front rotary knob allowing fine and exact ‘fixed’ speed selection. RG-1 Motor Drive takes full control of the record player motor and provides the smoothest drive with minimum noise and distortion. The music that is extracted from the vinyl unbelievably resembles the original master that the record was cut from – the closest possible reproduction from the original master.
Colour / Finish Options
RG-1 Reference Groove is available in one standard & three special finish options:
- Clear Acrylic (Standard Finish)
- Metallic Black (Special Finish)
- Pearlescent White (Special Finish)
- Champagne (Special Finish)
The lustrous Metallic Black, Pearlescent White and Champagne finishes are available at a premium, as alternative finishes to the original clear acrylic version.
- Type: Belt Drive
- Motor: 24 Pole Synchronous, 6 Point Body Contact Support, Spindle Support Acetal Ball Bearing
- Motor Mount: Acetal Platform – Articulated, 2 Ball Race Bearings and Silicone Motor Spring
- Pulley: Super Precision Aluminium Alloy
- Drive Belt: Precision Ground Polymer
- Platter RG-1: Super Precision Aluminium Alloy, Two Part Linear Damped, 2 mm Bonded Acrylic Record Interface
- Bearing Spindle RG-1: Super Precision Tungsten Carbide, Roundness / Concentricity and Finish < 1 Micron
- Bearing Housing RG-1: Aerospace-Grade Phosphor Bronze, Clearance < 4 Microns
- Plinth Structure: Clear Cast Acrylic, Optional Finishes, 30 mm top / bottom, 20 mm sub-plinth, 15 mm mid-plinth
- Isolation System: 3 Stage Compliant, 2 Stage Rigid, 12 Decoupler Sets, 12 Tuned Silicone Ring / Bobbins, 3 mm Acrylic Disc, Stainless Feet / Hard Rubber / Felt
- Motor Drive P/S: Precision Crystal Referenced
- Speeds: 33.3 / 45 rpm (< 0.2 %)
- Wow + Flutter: < 0.1 %
- Rumble: < -85 dB
Full Vertere Acoustics Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are long-term official retail partners for Vertere Acoustics, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products, including record players, tonearms, cables, cartridges and accessories. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.