From the addition of integrated streaming to its unique casework, Vega G2 is transforming the idea of what a DAC can be.
Every aspect of the Vega G2’s engineering has been designed to push the boundaries of sonic performance, reshaping data into vibrant musical performance — but sound engineering is only half the story; the completely revamped architecture of Vega G2 combines high-end DAC performance and feature-rich streaming, emerging as a complete digital music solution for your home audio system.
Vega G2 streaming is based on the Lightning Streaming framework, which includes favourite AURALiC features like On-Device Playlists, Memory Caching, Gapless Playback and Bit-Perfect Multi-Room – all at your fingertips.
With a completely new internal architecture focused on advanced isolation techniques and a new approach to clocking, Vega G2 is breaking new ground in the world of premium digital processing. Advanced galvanic isolators and always-in-control, hyper-accurate Dual 72 Femto clocks contribute to extraordinary clarity and precision.
All internal circuits are physically distributed to enhance overall balance, with specially designed foot spikes that dampen and absorb vibrations. Vega G2 is always rock-steady, for ultra-smooth signal delivery.
A full 80% quieter than the original Vega DAC, the G2 introduces sophisticated galvanic isolation and Unity Chassis techniques that drastically reduce the potential for electro-magnetic interference, for an extraordinarily pure, clean sound.
With a 4-inch true colour, in-plane switching, high-resolution display, Vega G2 provides complete operational feedback, showing input channel, volume, sampling rate, playback status, and configuration settings.
- Dual 72fs Femto Clock
- Galvanic Isolation
- Flexible Filter Mode
- ORFEO Class-A Module
- Smart-IR Control
- Dual Purer-Power
- Frequency Response: 20 – 20KHz, +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: < 0.00012% (XLR); < 0.00015% (RCA), 20Hz-20KHz at 0dBFS
- Dynamic Range: 130dB, 20Hz-20KHz, A-weighted
- Lossless Formats: AIFF, ALAC, APE, DIFF, DSF, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WV
- Lossy Formats: AAC, MP3, MQA and WMA
- PCM Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz to 384KHz in 32Bit
- DSD Sampling Rates: DSD64(2.8224MHz), DSD128(5.6448MHz), DSD256(11.2896MHz), DSD512(22.57892MHz)
- Control Software: AURALiC Lightning DS for iOS, AURALiC Lightning DS for web browser (device setting only), OpenHome compatible control software (BubbleUPnP, Kazoo), Roon (Roon Core required separately)
- Digital Inputs: Lightning-Link, AES/EBU, Coaxial, Toslink, USB Audio
- Analog Inputs: RCA Line-stage (2Vrms maximum)
- Streaming Inputs: uPnP/DLNA Media Server, native TIDAL and Qobuz Sublime+ streaming, AirPlay, Spotify Connect, Internet Radio, RoonReady
- Balanced Audio Output: XLR (4.8Vrms at 0dBFS, output impedance 5ohm)
- Unbalanced Audio Output: RCA (4.8Vrms at 0dBFS, output impedance 50ohm)
- Headphone Audio Output: 6.35mm Headphone Jack (output impedance 5ohm)
- Wired Network: Gigabit Ethernet
- Power Consumption: Playback 50W at max
- Finish: Anodised precision-machined aluminium case in matte black